Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help guys.

1. How to remove front shocks, is it necessary to remove the upper control arm or pop the lower ball joint?
2. How to remove rear shocks, can they be wiggled straight down without the need to remove other suspension components?

Thanks,

David

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Yes, someone please give some input on this. The front shocks seem trapped in by a fraction of an inch - as soon as you think you've got it out, you don't lol. I'm thinking it requires a control arm removal or at least detachment. Please share any tricks!

4,250 Posts
You need to remove the two bolts where the upper A-arm attaches to the body...You need to keep track of the shims!...It is important where they go as they are what set the caster..Jason

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
You need to remove the two bolts where the upper A-arm attaches to the body...You need to keep track of the shims!...It is important where they go as they are what set the caster..Jason
I am trying to change out the lower shock ball joint and bushings. I would really appreciate some help? Is there anything that goes beyond just unbolting some parts? Is that big coil spring going to explode in my face? What tools do I need. Also what is the size of the Allen head cap screw that holds the caliper on?

Thank you so very much!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am trying to change out the lower shock ball joint and bushings. I would really appreciate some help? Is there anything that goes beyond just unbolting some parts? Is that big coil spring going to explode in my face? What tools do I need. Also what is the size of the Allen head cap screw that holds the caliper on?

Thank you so very much!
coil spring is kept from springing out as it’s one piece. The 4 bolts above the spring are a T40 torx socket. I had to remove the upper control arm (2) bolts (KEEP THE SHIMS) as Jason mentioned. By the way anything Jason at Enzos mentions is golden info! You will need a breaker bar, 21mm, 22mm and 18mm sockets for upper control arm removal. The bolt closest to the rear of the car has a notched end that had to be pounded out with a punch. I didn’t remove my calipers. Probably forgetting something but hope this helps.
Lance Allen

1 - 7 of 7 Posts