Maserati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just picked up the gransport, and took the warning label off the front of the glovebox, left behind a glue residue. tried lexol leather conditioner but didn't remove it. any suggestions for safely removing that stuff without affecting the leather dye?
thanks

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Not sure if rubbing alcohol will hurt leather or not but it will help take off sticky residue. I would apply a very small amount to a spot than cannot be seen to see, but I think it should be OK.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I had pretty good luck with "Coach" brand leather cleaner. It did take a lot of scrubbing but did not affect the leather (beige).

·
Registered
160 Posts
maseratifan said:
just picked up the gransport, and took the warning label off the front of the glovebox, left behind a glue residue. tried lexol leather conditioner but didn't remove it. any suggestions for safely removing that stuff without affecting the leather dye?
Took mine off last week. With 3M Scotch packaging tape, lightly dabbing on the sticky area to remove the residual. It seems Scotch tape is quite gentle and will not leave residual behind nor destroy the leather.

·
Registered
160 Posts
New Maser QC

maseratifan:

On the driver-side door, do you have any problem with the window rubber trim, the piece that's actually on plastic mirror mount panel, not on the door frame. Mine is torn.

The entire plastic piece is also misaligned and not flush with the A-pillar. Creating wind noise when on the freeway.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Tried dousing mine with Eagle One leather cleaner/conditioner (after a discreet test on an out of the way area). It didn't remove the glue but turned it into a rubbery type substance that could be rubbed/removed with your fingers - eventually I accumulated a little ball of this sticky gradoo that helped remove the remaining stuff by rolling it over the still sticky area.

dchao that's really ugly - have you taken it back to the dealer?

·
Registered
55 Posts
my gs is only 3 months old and I had the same problem towards the back, same part of the window, it got fixed yesterday and the dealership. In reference to the sticker residual, I had ferrari/maserati of beverly hills clean it for me when I took delivery

·
Registered
160 Posts
Steeldream said:
dchao that's really ugly - have you taken it back to the dealer?
Spoken with the dealer already , no problem, it's under warranty. But I am in the process of making a complete checklist for them to do all at once. Other niggling bits will probably pop up in the next few weeks.

The other very obvious QC problem is the contact switch for my vanity mirror lights. It will turn on even the flap is in the closed position causing the plastic flap to get extremely HOT. It can be fixed very easily. You can remove the mirror (following instructions for replacing the vanity lights), and then you can pull the copper contact out, and adjust the angle until the switch works with the open/close of the flap.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no porblems yet, though i'll keep an eye out for that. thanks for sharing, it helps to know what other people are seeing with their cars.

i went at it with soap and water about a dozen times and have removed >90% of it. i mentioned it to the dealer when picking it up today and he immediately called over the guy who cleans the cars on the lot who pulled out a bottle of windex....at that point i declined their help and said i'd do it myself.

·
Registered
835 Posts
goo-gone. I used it to remove the glue residue after I peeled off the airbag warning sticker...

·
Registered
15 Posts
MaseratiFan:

I removed my Airbag warning sticker today and the sticky residue came off nicely with Lexol leather cleaner after two or three applications. I then used Lexol leather conditioner over the entire front surface of the glove compartment/airbag, and it looks great, after some drying time.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i picked up some today...thanks all.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Goo-Gone

I used Goo-Gone on my Bordeaux leather last night and it removed the airbag glue residue beautifully. No damage to the leather and it looks nice. The stickers had been on over 18 months.

The only one left is the one on the red suede on the inside of my sunvisor..... Don't know how I'll ever get it off without damaging the suede - fortunately, it does not show unless the visor is down.
Leo
:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts