Maserati Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
255 Posts
The cambiocorsa down-shifts to first. At some point (speed/brake related?) it appears to disengage the clutch. If you leave the car sitting in first for 2 minutes or so it pulls itself into neutral - now why would that be necessary if the clutch was fully disengaged?

Call me paranaoid but as someone who has experienced complete failure of the hydraulic pump which operates the clutch (no fun :cry: ), and has also had to replace a clutch :roll: , I am now in the habit of pulling the box into neutral at every "safe" opportunity e.g. when rolling towards red lights knowing there is no point in allowing the cc system to downshift from 4th or third gear.
Probably doesn't make a lot of difference to wear on the system - but it makes me feel I'm doing my bit!
(let's face it the cc system is not designed for rumbling along in traffic!) :)

· Registered
255 Posts
What do we all consider "premature" failure :?:
- the original clutch in my 02 cc coupe was just beginning to show signs of slipping after 24,000 miles.
I knew before buying the car that 20K per cluctch was to be expected for this system.
(the pump failure was apparently "very rare"!)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.