Maserati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a used QP (2004-2006) but the prices for used Sport GT's are still a little too high for my taste. What are the major differences between a normal QP and a Sport GT? I can get a normal QP for a good price.

I can get the wheels and grille to fit afterwards and I also prefer the wood interior over the carbon.

What about the cross drilles braked, are they noticably better than the normal ones or is it just better looks?

What are the differences between the normal and Sport GT suspension? What exactly is the Skyhook suspension.

Are there other major points in favor of the Sport GT?

I plan to keep it for 2 years and then sell it on. I drive around 40.000km a year. At what mileage am I in for major costly maintenance?

I like my cars sporty when I want to but I will use it as a daily driver so it must be comfortable as well.

PS. BTW I live in Europe (The Netherlands)

·
Registered
909 Posts
I can get the wheels and grille to fit afterwards and I also prefer the wood interior over the carbon.
We've even ordered a few with wood instead of carbon.

What about the cross drilles braked, are they noticably better than the normal ones or is it just better looks?
They are better if you're pushing the car hard. Basically they give better cooling, and resistance to fade if being used hard repeatedly for long durations (ie. a racetrack)

What are the differences between the normal and Sport GT suspension? What exactly is the Skyhook suspension.
I believe the springs are a bit different, and then the software that controls the Skyhook (adaptive suspension - antisquat\dive\roll with Sport GT specific preset - not dealer adjustable)

Are there other major points in favor of the Sport GT?
Louder exhaust - no crossover post cats, faster shifting transmission in sport mode (approx 35% faster in sport vs. standard car), badging, the side port mesh is slightly different (but I'm sure I'm one of 3 people that have noticed the glossy vs. matte black finish), steering wheel is leather only, and a handful of little details.

You can probably get the look of a Sport GT, but you won't duplicate the mechanics of it without too much time\money\effort vs. just buying an SGT straight away.

- Mark

·
Registered
278 Posts
2 color badging (red lines) - easy/very cheap
alu pedals - easy / cheap
cross drilled brakes - easy/cheap if you have to change them anyway
braided brake hoses - easy/cheap (I suppose)
Wheels - easy/expensive (cheaper if you need to change tires anyway)
front grill - 600Eu did not do it since I like my grill and some say the front bumper is slightly different
exhaust - easy/not expensive but better buy a Tubi and be really happy
carbon interior -don't know but you like the wood anyhow

but the real difference is the suspension software (can it be done?) and most important the DS transmission that does not only have different software but also different hardware.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts