Maserati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, we had a battery failure in our 2012 Quattroporte and now the EPB will not turn off meaning our car is stuck in the garage. We were able to follow the online manual enough to find the EPB system but do not know how exactly to disable it in order to drive it to the dealer or at least get it out of the garage. Can anyone help? Here is a photo of the EPB system. We also unfortunately do not have the tool for disconnecting this, it did not come with our QP when we bought it. Thanks! Melissa and Doug

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
T

go in the owners manual and they show you how to release it via a tool in the tool kit...Jason
Thanks Jason that's how we got as far as we did but I can't match up anything in the actual system to the diagrams in the owners manual, and we don't have the tool. Is there anyone who has done this before and can point out in the photo I included what we need to disconnect? Thanks!

4,521 Posts
There is nothing to disconnect...Get a tool from the dealer and the tool fits into a allen head on the bottom side of that black box...You release the brakes by turning that screw.....Jason

·
Registered
5 Posts
Im in the same boat. Came outside and started the car display states EPB go to the dealer. Car won't move. I found the EPB ECU module. Tool not in compartment. Is there a compatible tool?

·
Registered
313 Posts
You could try a battery reset, to reset the network. (Disconnect the battery for a few minutes) and see if the problem returns.
Here is what the tool looks like. Its basically long flexible allen wrench. I haven't done the procedure so I dont know the specifics on that.
Screenshot_20200914-202257_Firefox.jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Great day, I really appreciate this. Before you sent me this photo I was looking online for the spare tire toolkit to see what came with it. I'll respond later to what happened. Hopefully, me leaving the car off yesterday it'll disengage today when I start her up.

Thank you, so much.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Great news! I was able to get the car to work. Alright, so if this happens to you. First, turn the car on. Next, put the car in Neutral. Lift the EPB button. The Park on the dash should flash and disappear. Now put the car in Reverse or Drive. That's all. Hopefully, it works for whomever encounters this issue.
Remember to disengage the EPB when parking. Later everyone.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Great news! I was able to get the car to work. Alright, so if this happens to you. First, turn the car on. Next, put the car in Neutral. Lift the EPB button. The Park on the dash should flash and disappear. Now put the car in Reverse or Drive. That's all. Hopefully, it works for whomever encounters this issue.
Remember to disengage the EPB when parking. Later everyone.
Hello @Ljlovecars
We are happy to see that your concern has been resolved. While we understand that you have reached out to your fellow forum members for support, please know that our team is also available via private message. If you encounter a similar experience in the future with your Maserati, we would be happy to assist you alongside your dealer.

MaseratiCares

1 - 9 of 9 Posts