Maserati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm very close to squeezing the trigger and am looking @ a couple of the above iterations away from my area and will be depending on a PPI from a Maserati knowledgeable shop with a Leonardo.

But I was thinking, is there a way to determine, say by VIN #, if the individual unit came with Skyhook? Is the Skyhook a well designed and robust system worth looking for in the vehicle?

Also, if I understand correctly, when one pushes the "sport" button, those with Skyhook will lower the suspension a tad [how much?] along with opening the valves in the exhaust and changing the shift software in the transmission. Is that correct? And with no Skyhook, only the exhaust valve baffles and transmission are affected?

Merry Christmas to everybody contributing and especially to the mods!

3,469 Posts
A GTS shouldn't have Skyhook, but I want to say it was some kind of option that was very limited or something... Most will not....There is no lowering...To determine if there is Skyhook, look at the top of the front shocks to look for wires coming out of the shocks...A GTS is firm riding car IMO...I like them a lot, but they are a factory hot rod...Jason

·
Registered
223 Posts
It changes the shift points on both. Might also change timing/fuel/cam timing too but not totally sure.The GTS has valved mufflers that open up and get louder. The ones that have skyhook, the suspension stiffens up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts