Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend has a new QP and has offered to let me copy his 08 discs to replace my older 06 CD. I tried copying the files on it to a CD but my head unit couldn't read it. Is there a trick for copying, formatting CD etc? Are they copy protected? (and no snarky comments on my computer ignorance or why don't I just replace with a decent nav system e.g Garmin etc. ;))

Tx in advance

·
Registered
835 Posts
A friend has a new QP and has offered to let me copy his 08 discs to replace my older 06 CD. I tried copying the files on it to a CD but my head unit couldn't read it. Is there a trick for copying, formatting CD etc? Are they copy protected? (and no snarky comments on my computer ignorance or why don't I just replace with a decent nav system e.g Garmin etc. ;))

Tx in advance
Nero should do the job for copying. Though, I doubt 06 and 08 are compatible. I've made inquiries with Navteq on mine and all point to the hardware.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Here's the deal... You CANNOT get the Nav discs directly from Navteq. You can ONLY get from Maserati. Navteq only sold the data to Maserati but never made discs for the later years.

The 08 discs will work perfectly in an 05-07 QP if copied correctly.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
08 Navteq CD works in 07 QP

Nero should do the job for copying. Though, I doubt 06 and 08 are compatible. I've made inquiries with Navteq on mine and all point to the hardware.
Hi, I tried the original 08 CD in my 07 car (don't quite understand why my car came with such an out of date 05 disc from dealer!) and it works perfectly.

So, back to my original query, how to copy! Has any one tried Nero for copy protected disc? I don't want to buy any copying software if it is not known whether it will work.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
1) One of the best tools to copy protected CDs is Alcohol, it can be used for 15 days as a trial period but its fully functional during those days, which means you can easily copy anything and then just remove the software, you may download it here: http://trial.alcohol-soft.com/en/

2) An alternative is CloneCD from slysoft (http://www.slysoft.com/el/clonecd.html)

3) Do these CDs work for the Infotainment unit on my GS? (OEM Becker device) If yes, then i'd love to have a copy of those CDs please :D

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
If i get my hands on them, i'll make sure i share them on a public server.

·
Registered
9 Posts
California CD

i am hurting for a disc for california. I have Florida, which i do not need. I have 06 QP but from what i have read they all should work.
thanks

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Failure!

OK, based on info above, I have tried a number of different copy programs, none of which have worked. I give up :mad:

So, I appeal to my Southern brethren, hoping you feel generous given the decline in the Canadian dollar. Does anyone have a Canadian disc or copy they are interested in parting with?

·
Registered
905 Posts
I recall an earlier thread where someone said to use a specific program on a Mac, not a PC... This thread was within the last 3 months.

Post the answer here if you find it...

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
This is what i found, but haven't tested them yet:

Navteq_benelux 2007 2008.nrg
Navteq_deutschland2007 2008.nrg
Navteq_Eastern europa_north east 2007 2008.nrg
Navteq_Eastern europa_north south 2007 2008.nrg
Navteq_Eastern Europa North West 2007 2008.nrg
Navteq_Espana portugal 2007 2008.nrg
Navteq_europa_central 2007 2008.nrg
Navteq_France 2007 2008.nrg
Navteq_GB_Ireland 2007 2008.nrg
Navteq_Italia 2007 2008.nrg
Navteq_Las Islas Canarias 2007 2008.nrg
Navteq_scandinavia 2007 2008.nrg

I'll burn them on CD+R (needs to be written as red book CD-ROM, so the device won't know its a writable CD) and i'll test them within the next few days.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Hold your horses, just came back with a pack of CDs, i'll burn them right now...

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Apparently the Navteq CDs are not recognizable on my GS Infotainment unit (Becker).

Its possible that they work on newer models (QP/GT maybe?).

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
The one i've got has the following label on it:

"NAVTEQ"

"Navigation CD Europe 1"

"Becker Online Pro"

"Version 3.1"

"BECKER"

"incl. Major Road of Europe CD 2"

contains the following countries: A, B, CH, CZ, D, DK, FIN, FL, N, NL, S, L

looks like its from 2004.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just bought a 2005 QP, and all the navigation CD's are missing. Can anyone sell me CD#10 (Canada), or direct me to a torrent site that has them?

Cheers, Jeff

·
Registered
905 Posts
1 - 20 of 35 Posts