Maserati Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a new 2008 GT Nero carbonio...and I have heard mixed theories on how best to detail it, I also went out and bought the Klasse wax system....but I didnt want to use it yet until I got more insight.

thanks!!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Wax on - Wax off--Mr Miaaggi says..

Dont be daft! Its a brand new car. In my opinion just use a good quality auto detergent and low power hose/washer jet. You dont want to get the factory coatings off! Should last a few years. Use a real chamois leather or "AIR DRY JERRY".

Be sure to use hose/washer jet first to get the grit particles off first. And do it yourself-its theraputic and you know that you will do it right rather than letting an idiot do it.

just my 2p worth. from UK!:)

·
Registered
196 Posts
http://www.zainostore.com/

Good stuff. They have a nice all in one set that includes leather cleaner and all that for a little over $100. Your car is indeed a new car, and the premium car care products will help keep it look that way for a long time. I hear good things about klasse, but have not had an opportunity to try it yet.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Klasse... And Zymol......

I like Zymol, but have heard amazing things about Klasse. Ed only uses Zymol, swears by it and I like it as well but I have found another amazing product for the quick touch ups:

http://www.meguiars.com/?car-maintenance/Ultimate-Quik-Detailer

Leaves the car with an amazing shine, beads waters forever and it's easy.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
I've used Meguire's products and have been a Zymol fanatic for 20 years...but let me tell you, I applied the full suite of Zaino products to my '98 BMW 5-series just this weekend and I am blown-away by the incredible results....I've never seen it look better. I kept going into the garage last night to look at her. I'm a complete convert. You have to remember that products that contain carnuba wax in them actually evaporate in high heat. In other words, use the Zymol for your concourse event but, remember that a few days later, it's essentially gone. Products like Zaino (and Klasse) are actually polymers - not wax....they don't melt & evaporate.

As soon as my GS gets back from the dealer (clutch repair) I'm giving her the full Zaino treatment.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Heresy?

If I may cause a bit of turbulance for a minute...

As I am sure that others who are involved in marketing and advertising will attest, the harder something is to get, the more blood and tears required, the more a person has to sacrifice, the more they will say, and convince themselves, that they love it more than they do...

This idea is in psychology too: cognitive dissonance.

Looking around you will see this employed everywhere: clubs with long lines, hazing at fraternaties, waiting for the newest movie or game console...

or spending a weekend preping and waxing your car...

Don't get me wrong; Zaino is an AMAZING product. It has an insanely wet shine, it lasts forever, and it is definatly better than conventional waxes and polishes.

But it takes a weekened to put on and the full set costs about one hundred dollars.

Klasse Wax is a two part system, and is acrylic...

Part one is the All-In-One cleaner wax... No abrasives, all chemical. Gets rid of water spots, swirls, and light oxidization.

Part two is the Sealant Glaze, you can put it on top of the All-In-One as many times as you want, and it creates a deep shine that looks JUST like Zaino... This whole thing takes about an hour to an hour and a half... wipe on wipe off.

Lasts for about one year... Six months if you want it to look TOP notch. Takes less than an ounce for the whole maserati, and 8 ounces costs something like 25 dollars. Half the cost of the Zaino system, takes a LOT less time to put on, equal shine, equal durability.

Again, I am not saying that Zaino isnt great... but don't get it for the hype then convince yourself it is better than it actually is. Klasse takes care of it in less time, for less cost.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I like Zymol, but have heard amazing things about Klasse. Ed only uses Zymol, swears by it and I like it as well but I have found another amazing product for the quick touch ups:

http://www.meguiars.com/?car-maintenance/Ultimate-Quik-Detailer

Leaves the car with an amazing shine, beads waters forever and it's easy.
Yup, true... Zymol Royale kicks a** but then it's expensive, and true, carnauba-based waxes do tend to evaporate under high heat... although the beading on Zymol is fantastic and lasts for quite a while, even on hot summers.

HOWEVER if you want extra-protection (and I mean SERIOUS extra protection) you should use Bilt Hamber's AUTO BALM. That's some serious stuff if it is all about keeping the bodywork rust-free and the paint in tip-top condition. The cost of this added protection is that it does not look as wet as a Zymol finish and/or Zaino's, ditto for Swissvax (another SUPER product) but at this stage I don't care TBH.

Have a look at

http://www.bilthamber.com/polishandwax.html

They have launched 2 new products, AutoFoam and AutoWash, but have not tried them.

Just my 2c.

·
Registered
196 Posts
If I may cause a bit of turbulance for a minute.... I am not saying that Zaino isnt great... but don't get it for the hype then convince yourself it is better than it actually is. Klasse takes care of it in less time, for less cost.
Looks like it is worth a try. However, the zaino full line includes the clay bar, the shampoo, the tire cleaner and the interior cleaners also for the $100 plus a little combo. It does take a while but only if you have to do the clay bar thing which for a (nearly) new car is not likely to be necessary. If you don't have to do the clay bar thing the zaino does not take that long either, it depends on how many layers you want to put on. An afternoon really, no more than that.

Meguiar quick detailer is nice, but the zaino gloss enhancer, which is essnentially the same thing, is even nicer.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
old timers...

Then there is the old timers trick for the brilliant shine... Back in the day they would add 1 cup of diesel to a bucket of wash water, then wipe the car down, it should shine like glass for quite a while... I am talking pre WWII times here though..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for the great info...

I went out and bought Klasse system...will let you know how it goes. thanks again.

Paul allan

1 - 12 of 12 Posts