Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a crazy question for you. My fiance and I are looking into a Maserati. She's a fan of the QP, but I'm leaning towards the GS.

I'm kinda tall... 6'3", 34" inseam and 220. I barely fit into my M3.

That being said, how does the GS ride in comparison to an M3?

Glad I found this place!

Thanks!

:cool:

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
bundas said:
my 565lb manager can drive my 02cc spyder, honest. top must be down, he is 6'-4'
LOL. i'd very much like to see a picture of your manager in your spyder.

·
Registered
530 Posts
6'4" 200 and I'd like another 1/4" seat travel. #2 son @ 6'9" manages to fit himself in somehow - he does put the top down.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Wow I feel short.

My Stepbrother is 6'3" and he fit fine.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Steeldream said:
6'4" 200 and I'd like another 1/4" seat travel.
How about arm travel? I seem to be missing a little length to reach the steering wheel when the seat is in the right position.

I was thinking of getting my arms lengthened anyway, so I could put off buying reading glasses for another couple of years.;)

·
Registered
431 Posts
4'20"

You tall guys dont need a maserati! You got the height to attract women in the first place.
I'm looking for a Ferrari superamerica/430 to cover my bald patch. Its receding so fast now that its Red-shifting for sure. PISSES me off no end!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Arrrrrrggggh!!

I sat in a GS Spyder and I didn't fit. I was staring pretty much at the top of the windscreen. I could have used a couple of more inches in the legroom as well.

So any clue on if the QP has different drivers' demensions?

As a sidenote, I also sat in a Vantage and a DB9. Vantage was a bit tight and the DB9 was nice; however the rake of the windscreen was as such it looked like I was looking through a fisheye lens.

·
Registered
8 Posts
reppin' 5'10 wayyyyy down here. Feeling kinda short in this crowd. And to the poster above, 500lbs!!! Holy Crap...what does this dude manage? He's apparently failed at managing his weight.

·
Registered
27 Posts
do not go the qp way.........I did not fit in it has a lot less room thatn the gs. end it up buying an m5 where I could fit properly

regards

maximus

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
maximus136 said:
do not go the qp way.........I did not fit in it has a lot less room thatn the gs. end it up buying an m5 where I could fit properly

regards

maximus
ok maximus, your posts makes me wonder. the QP has a lot less room than the GS?

and the QP didn't fit you properly but an M5 does??

if the QP didn't fit you properly how did you manage to fit yourself into the M3 or F430 you have?

·
Registered
27 Posts
the thing is that the gs has more space because they do not save space for the people in the back, in the QP the space utilization is crap, they give you a smaller space in front to fit people in the back and they end up with a crappy trunk as a result (check it out), in the M5, M3, and even the gs the space is much better used, check out the trunks on the beemers you'll see what I'm talking about.

regards

maximus

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
maximus136 said:
the thing is that the gs has more space because they do not save space for the people in the back, in the QP the space utilization is crap, they give you a smaller space in front to fit people in the back and they end up with a crappy trunk as a result (check it out), in the M5, M3, and even the gs the space is much better used, check out the trunks on the beemers you'll see what I'm talking about.

regards

maximus
i don't like the trunk size either, but i would not go as far and summarize it as "in the QP the space utilization is crap".

is your M5 a front mid-engine layout?

·
Registered
27 Posts
well......if you think about it and compare with other cars at that price or even lower prices....you got four adullts (well heeled at that) going for a weekend in the country or a short 7 day biz trip, their luggage won't fit!! in a $100,000+ dollar car?......not very good.

regards

maximus

·
Registered
27 Posts
the M5 is a front engine car with a weight distribuition 50/50.....don't misunderstand me I'm not saying is a perfect car but for a sedan there are things you want and things you need, you should provide the things you need first and then concentrate on the other stuff, you do need the trunk to acomodate the lugage of the people that fit in the car.

best regards

maximus

1 - 20 of 41 Posts