Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am shopping this beauty and find the styling and performance to be unique and the craftsmanship top notch. I understand and accept service will be expensive, but beyond general upkeep, what have you expereinced with mechanical or electrical demons if any? How many miles on the ticker?

Cheers all,
Rydin

·
Registered
312 Posts
rydin said:
Am shopping this beauty and find the styling and performance to be unique and the craftsmanship top notch. I understand and accept service will be expensive, but beyond general upkeep, what have you expereinced with mechanical or electrical demons if any? How many miles on the ticker?

Cheers all,
Rydin
Hey Rydin,
Wow, big question. Welcome to the board. Most of the QP owners here are happy to help you and we have lots of combined experience. I have nearly 50K miles on my QP.

I think the general feeling is that our QPs have been more reliable than we expected when we bought them and on par or better than other Italian, German and British cars of similar class.

I sugggest you spend a couple hours searching this board; you will find a significant amount of discussion on this topic. Then let us know what your questions are specifically. Just searching on my posts will yield quite a bit of reliability related commentary.

Happy Trails,

Ken

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to the previous replies.

I'm in Seattle. Yes, I did get a chance to dig through the forum and found some good information. Doesn't sound like too many major squawks about the QP. The clutch disc is a concern though. What's your experience with the longevity of this? How about battery power issues? ...And that navi system does sound like a dog.

Cheers all

·
Registered
635 Posts
Welcome Rydin!

I'm also in the Seattle area. I just purchased a 2002 GT Coupe from Roberto Perrina at Ferrari & Maserati of Seattle. They are fantastic to deal with. This is the 4th vehicle I have bought from them over the years.

They have a gorgeous 2005 Blue Quattroporte for sale. I spent some time looking at it while they finished up the paperwork on my car. I absolutely love the Quattroporte. My plan is to hold onto my GT Coupe for about 4-5 years and trade it in on a Quattroporte.

Here is a link to their site with some more info on it:
http://www.ferrariofseattle.com/inventory.php?car_id=11430

Mike
'02 GT Coupe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts