Maserati Forum banner

How Rare

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Peepster 
#1 ·
I never see another GS on the road in the DC area and am wondering just how many were produced by model year? I've come across a couple of auto rags that suggested that in '05, only a couple of thousand GS' were planned for production for the '05 and '06 model year. Is this right. Just how 'rare' are these machines? I'm also curious to know the breakdown by coupe and spyder if anyone knows.

#3 ·
In three years, about 20,000 miles of driving, I've only seen two other Coupes, one GS, and two Spyders on the road.

#5 ·
In NJ.. (Overall Maserati is very rare)

In NJ I have seen a total of 4 different coupes and 1 spider. One black 02 coupe was actually in my neighborhood.

Driving in PA, I saw one sharp silver GS in center city.

Saw two coupes in Manhattan.

Saw a few coupes and a GS in AC.

This is all over the past 3 years or so.

I have spoken to different people at different dealerships because I am always trying to find out Coupe numbers in the US. I usually get different answers.

I do not know how reliable these figures are but I have been told there were about 4,000 total coupes for 02 and 03 brought into the US. Another 2,500 - 3,000 or so in 04, and then 3,500 - 4,000 ish, per year in 05 and 06 including the GS.

I was told there are are more convertibles than coupes and Cali is one of the biggest markets. Also many more CCs, than Sticks.

I am actually looking to see if there are other 04 white coupe owners or just how many white coupes and white convertibles are out there?? I know someone in texas has an 05 white convertible. The GS never came in white. I have never seen a white coupe advertised for sale. The dealer told me there were less than 5 white coupes produced in 04 and that it was a special order color, but who really knows. Black and silver being the most produced colors? Again, would love to know true numbers.

Any other white coupe or convertible owners drop me a line. Thanks.

FYI, I have seen many more Ferraris and Lambos in Jersey than Maserati..

CM

#6 ·
#8 ·
With VINCENZO it makes three in our area.....

I was the only show in town until an old looking Italian guy in a red spyder showed up in the neighborhood......LOL Does my old QP count as a Maser in the area?

#9 ·
Martin....you're killin' me. OLD guy!? "You talkin' to me?" In Italian it's Vecchio....still means old guy but, somehow sounds much better...even sounds fast as it rolls off the tongue..."vecchio".

OK - we'll even let your "QP vecchio" count as a maser. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.