Maserati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen:

What are the average miles people are getting on the front and rear tires and brakes before replacing?

I have 12,600 miles on my car and I think its getting close to a new set of tires? I assume I will have to change my front pads around 20,000 miles and the rears around 35,000?

All comments are appreciated. Thanks. CM

·
Registered
187 Posts
chris7469 said:
Gentlemen:

What are the average miles people are getting on the front and rear tires and brakes before replacing?

I have 12,600 miles on my car and I think its getting close to a new set of tires? I assume I will have to change my front pads around 20,000 miles and the rears around 35,000?

All comments are appreciated. Thanks. CM
Sunday Driver? I have 6000 mile on my coupe and am replacing the tires tomorrow and brakes will be in a few more.

I drive it in the fashion of a thief and love to drift on/off ramps though :) .

oh and those track days too!!

Robb

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have about 20k miles on a QP:
- rear tires changed at around 10k
- rear pads changed at 20k
- front tires and pads from factory

·
Registered
202 Posts
21K on the clock, 3 sets of tires, one set of racing brake pads, and two sets of regular pads.

-willie

p.s. i have flushed the brake fluid two times

·
Registered
824 Posts
12,800 miles ish

Rears: just put new tires on rear - still had 3mm of tread but wasn't much traction at all.

Fronts worn on inside (due to negative camber) but probably last a few thousand more miles.

Still on original brake pads, they look good.

·
Registered
339 Posts

25k miles, front and rear rotors are showing some cracking around the edges, pads are pretty much shot too (2nd set)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Are there any recommendations on where to get the pads installed, or are you guys doing them yourselves? I'm a little afraid to hand the keys off to a brakes plus, and probably need to find a good nearby specialty shop. The closest mechanic I trust is the Maser dealer (less than one mile away), which would be great if they weren't so damn expensive.

·
Registered
88 Posts
only 6000 and i dont even drive on the track

6000 for the rears and 8000 for the fronts , well i do live in twisty mountain terrain. I guess that can account for some track time what do yu say hahahaha

·
Registered
150 Posts
Got less than 5k miles and looks to me a change is near!
Rear are evenly worn, but front tires are mostly worn on the inside.
Not afraid of cornering, so why is the wear more pronounced on the inside?
Anyone experience this?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
maseratikai said:
Got less than 5k miles and looks to me a change is near!
Rear are evenly worn, but front tires are mostly worn on the inside.
Not afraid of cornering, so why is the wear more pronounced on the inside?
Anyone experience this?
Negative camber causes inside wear. Normal setup from the factory for handling. You can have it adjusted out but handling suffers.

·
Registered
53 Posts
For the QP's with Pirellis we have noticed everyone should be doing rear tires at around 10-15k miles. The fronts are usually around 20k miles.
The coupes/gransports are all over because of different driving habits. I have seen Gransports changed as early as 7k and as late as 25k.
The pirellis have the worst treadwear rating though I think.

·
Registered
681 Posts
treuter said:
For the QP's with Pirellis we have noticed everyone should be doing rear tires at around 10-15k miles. The fronts are usually around 20k miles.
The coupes/gransports are all over because of different driving habits. I have seen Gransports changed as early as 7k and as late as 25k.
The pirellis have the worst treadwear rating though I think.
They do, these Michelin's seem to be doing much better than my Pirelli's on the Spyder.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Should I change to Michelin, or would I suffer with handling - as standard equipment is Pirelli PZero Rosso?
As I said, my tires looks to be gone soon and I am surprised that all I will get from them is ~5k miles.
One issue might play a part, that is the car sat for a long time - almost a year - before being used (in and out of the dealers showroom in sun and shade), could that make the tires harder thus giving me less wear time?

·
Registered
312 Posts
50,330 miles on my 05 QP

Lots of tires. Rears have lasted about 10K average. Now have a set of BF Goodrich KDW-2s on it. For me they have been better than the Pirelli's' very, very grippy and show no signs of wear at 6,000 miles. And the aggressive tread looks very good on those wide tires.

Still on original front brake pads! Rears replaced at about 38K miles.

Lots of highway driving, obviously.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts