Maserati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ill match that price and I am much closer. They are basically selling the car for no profit. I dont know why but they are, the stripped out 06 coupe is an excellent deal considering you would have paid 90k for the same car brand new a year ago. Believe me, when I get a 6-spd used coupe in on trade, it sells in a week, tops.

Let me know, you can email me [email protected]

·
Registered
160 Posts
Fred said:
Here is a NEW coupe for less than 71K

http://penske-wynn-ferrari-maserati.ebizautos.com/detail.aspx?iid=1084463&anchor=/2006/Maserati/Coupe/GT/Coupe/

Has anyone found one for less? (or closer to the east coast)
VIN: XXX24987 (one # before the penske-wynn-maserati)
Sold for $66K on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Maserati-Coupe-2006-Maserati-GT-Coupe-68-MILES_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6313QQihZ017QQitemZ270034974148QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I think most of the Maserati dealers were allocated a number of these Strippers to sell, and margins are thinner on these cars, dealers are pi$$ed, and are selling them at cost, because it's just taking floor space in their show rooms where a more expensive GS would normally sit.

I think it's another marketing failure by MNA.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
a brand new 06 coupe gt for $66k? that is a steal!

i dont think the dealers were forced to take them.
they probably were allocated a number of them, and they just did not pass the offer or a chance to get an entry level car.

i would not think this is a marketing failure. they did get a few buyers into the showroom who would would not spend $119k on a MCV, didnt they?

·
Registered
160 Posts
M! said:
I would not think this is a marketing failure. they did get a few buyers into the showroom who would would not spend $119k on a MCV, didnt they?
When a brand new $80K are offered on the Internet for $70K and less, and we don't know how much non-internet dealer are discounting, that says something.

The question is: Those, 06 GT buyers, would they have purchased an more expesive car if the 06 GT was not even availabe to them? Has MNA successfully attracted *new* buyers into the show room? Or the pricing is set too high, really need to be somewhere below 70K, to get new people into the showroom.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
dchao said:
When a brand new $80K are offered on the Internet for $70K and less, and we don't know how much non-internet dealer are discounting, that says something.

The question is: Those, 06 GT buyers, would they have purchased an more expesive car if the 06 GT was not even availabe to them? Has MNA successfully attracted *new* buyers into the show room? Or the pricing is set too high, really need to be somewhere below 70K, to get new people into the showroom.
the answer is yes, MNA successfully attracted more buyers (new or repeat, i dunno) to buy an even more expensive car (GS, GSS) even when the 06 GT is available.

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2006/09/05/020918.html

"In August, Maserati North America delivered 120 GranSport and GranSport Spyder models, representing a 47% increase over August sales for 2005. Year to date, Maserati has retailed 499 of the exclusive units, up from 388 the year before. "

hard to say whether what contributes to this increase:
switch and bait with the 06 coupe GT, expiring warranty, sexy MCV, etc etc.

but the fact is, MNA marketing is working alright.

certainly the dealers don't like the discount too. but i don't see the logic here. we have just recently someone who bought a GS spyder for $94.5k / $112.5k; that also says the same thing.

and in fact, how many of these strippers were available? 50? 100?
how many are left now?

and also, does it have to be *new* buyers to be successful in the marketing? MNA needs to keep the many current owners interested in the brand especially when their leases expiring. if they don't have anything to keep them within the brand, they will just leave.

the GS was a good 'upgrade' from a current coupe if they want to spend extra extra money.
and for those who prefer a manual, the entry level GT was a good choice.

you are correct on one point, you dont know how much the non-internet dealers are discounting. and you dont know how many were sold already.

dealers don't necessarily just make money off the sale. service is a bigger part of the profit.

further, the dealers are required to stock a number of inventory. the coupe GT is the least expensive stock they can carry.

all in all, i can see some happy maserati owners in this strippers GT.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dchao said:
VIN: XXX24987 (one # before the penske-wynn-maserati)
Sold for $66K on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Maserati-Coupe-2006-Maserati-GT-Coupe-68-MILES_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6313QQihZ017QQitemZ270034974148QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I think most of the Maserati dealers were allocated a number of these Strippers to sell, and margins are thinner on these cars, dealers are pi$$ed, and are selling them at cost, because it's just taking floor space in their show rooms where a more expensive GS would normally sit.

I think it's another marketing failure by MNA.
I saw this one too, but it was listed as a used car (with 66 miles??? )
Who changes thier mind after, what, about 10 miles of driving the car????

·
Registered
53 Posts
That was really not a "used" car. They come with about 39-50 miles from the factory. It was probably test driven 20 miles, then reported the car as a demo which allowed them to put the car on ebay. MNA will not allow you to put a new car on ebay. The stripped car is a great value, anything around 70k is a great deal. We have sold 2 2005 GT coupes this year with 5k miles for 75-79k.

I know there is only a few left out there though.

To answer the question about how many were produced, I believe every dealer got one, and 2 or 3 dealers got 2. So around 50 were made.

Taryn

1 - 8 of 8 Posts