Maserati Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The QP has a engine temp gauge but no oil pressure gauge. I find that once warm, the temp stabilises around 195 degrees. Therefore, once I start from cold, as soon as the temp hits 195 am I OK to drive the car to full RPM or does the oil pressure lag behind the temperature increase?

thanks

Simon

·
Registered
333 Posts
Here is something I've noted on my car... when I let it warm for three minutes before going out I feel the shifts sluggish as opposed of when I go out immediately after firing up the engine and letting it warm while driving at low rpms. and then put the pedal to the metal.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I wait until the rpm drops to around 1k, it takes about 3-5 min. The CC shifts better after that.

Well, that's if the kids are not late to school...:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
I wait until the rpm drops to around 1k, it takes about 3-5 min. The CC shifts better after that.

Well, that's if the kids are not late to school...:rolleyes:
Ditto. 3-5 minutes and a LOT smoother shifting and no hesitation/shuddering under hard acceleration. This is especially important for me, since I need to drive in reverse uphill out of my driveway, which, on a cold engine/clutch is a bad thing to do.

·
Registered
2007 Gransport Ltd Grigio alfieri, 2009 Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione, 2021 Levante Gransport
117 Posts
Ditto. 3-5 minutes and a LOT smoother shifting and no hesitation/shuddering under hard acceleration. This is especially important for me, since I need to drive in reverse uphill out of my driveway, which, on a cold engine/clutch is a bad thing to do.
I have the same problem but have fixed it by backing down the drive (coasting really) and then swinging into the garage then I'm able to drive forward out. Hopefully I'll get a little more out of the clutch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts