Maserati Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last thursday I am driving home from work and the check engine light comes on. Car is running fine, so I check the gas cap.

Sure enough it is not on at all. I screw it back on.

Way back I spoke to a tech that said it will cycle itself off after numerous starts.

Does anyone know the amount of times the car needs to cycle to put the light out?

I am only at about 15 times.

Thanks. CM

·
5,887 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
I don't know if you can cycle off a CEL.

My suggestion is to go to your local auto parts store and buy a cheap OBDII reader. Plug it in, pull the code, and reset the light. A cheap reader can be found for less than $100 (much less in most areas) and you will have it on hand in case you ever get the CEL again.
I agree. Just go to Autozone and have them scan it for free. At least it will point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pardon my ignorance... Where do I plug it?

I am sure this is a basic question. Where do I plug the scanner in? Is the car on or off?

Can I get a quick how to read and clear the codes?

Thanks. CM

·
Registered
518 Posts
These instructions are for an Innova 3110 Scan tool about 125 shipped off of ebay

The plug is in the drivers footwell

Plug in when car is off

power up scan tool

flip on ignition

hit link

then hit erase when it links to clear codes

turn off car

unhook scan tool

·
Registered
635 Posts
Pretty easy to locate.

Attachments

·
5,887 Posts
I am sure this is a basic question. Where do I plug the scanner in? Is the car on or off?

Can I get a quick how to read and clear the codes?

Thanks. CM
As noted above, the whole process is very easy. The plug is under the dash on the drivers side below the steering wheel. It really is as easy as plugging it in, turning on the car, and hitting a button to clear the code.

Simple models can start at around $60.

http://www.amazon.com/Equus-3030-Di..._2?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1223493911&sr=8-2

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
518 Posts
Travis

Have you used the 3030 on a maserati?

I was told you needed a unit that could communicate on a CAN (closed area network) system and the 3030 is not CAN compatable.

·
5,887 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts