Maserati Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you all keep them clean (I mean regular washings, not just detailing once in a while). Hand wash, touchless wash, auto wash, other?

·
Registered
835 Posts
hand wash with dawn (yes, the dish washing detergent but don't use it too often). Clay the entire car then Zaino.

·
Registered
681 Posts
$2.00 and the carwash.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hand wash. Never go to those touchless "aquajet" at the gas station because you will scratch your mag as you go through the wash. The rear wheels are too wide.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Like Kevin - $2.00 at the local u-spray-it. Never use the brush, though - you never know what might be lurking/stuck in there. Also, finish off by drying with a chamois. And remember to make sure the chamois is plenty wet or you'll get swirls! :oops:

·
Registered
455 Posts
Wash one a week by hand:

P21s rim cleaner
perls soap and a mitten
wash off, then a trickle wash to remove most water
dry with a damp microfiber towel.
drive the car down the street, clear the rust off the brakes
dry the balance of the car with the microfiber.
re-wipe the rims using a damp towel to clear off the brake rust dust.

Once a month I was using P21s.

·
Registered
681 Posts
RickBullotta said:
Like Kevin - $2.00 at the local u-spray-it. Never use the brush, though - you never know what might be lurking/stuck in there. Also, finish off by drying with a chamois. And remember to make sure the chamois is plenty wet or you'll get swirls! :oops:
Ditto my Supra has scratches from that stupid ass brush. Just get the car detailed once a month and besides that the $2.00 at the local carwash, it's easy and efficient. No reason staying out in the driveway for 45 minutes gathering up materials, unless you enjoy washing the car.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Use sheep wool hand washer and some cheapy detergent. Dry with a good quality chamoe and occasional Zymol wax.

·
Registered
258 Posts
windshield cracked 1 day after the a visit to a car wash

never took my baby there agai, hand wash in the evening
I do not know if the wash caused the crack but I became paranoid after that plus , no one knew how to get the car in or out the car wash!

·
Registered
390 Posts
I go to the car wash and get the $35 "express detail" once a month since I live in an apartment and have no hose. But last week I was staying at a home and could wash it by hand. I used dish detergent and the water stopped pooling on the car...it was like I had washed all the wax off. I won't do that again...

haha said:
hand wash with dawn (yes, the dish washing detergent but don't use it too often). Clay the entire car then Zaino.

·
Registered
742 Posts
handwash once a week

I hand wash my car once a week with zaino wash using a microfiber towel.

I dry my car with the big blue microfiber towels. Follow with Zaino detail spray.

Every three months I will put two fresh coats of Zaino on.

CM

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2000 QP Evoluzione. I bought it recently but I have known it for all of its life. I

It has almost always been washed with a few capfuls of Mer polish poured into a bucket of hot water, and hosed with regular pressure water (not jet washed). After 5 years paint remains perfect.

·
Registered
196 Posts
squid said:
.... I used dish detergent and the water stopped pooling on the car...it was like I had washed all the wax off. I won't do that again...

haha said:
The idea of using Dawn IS to get the wax off. It is the once a year super clean. Haha has been listening to Sunny at the Ferrari forum it seems ;-)

·
Registered
390 Posts
Dolle Dolf said:
The idea of using Dawn IS to get the wax off. It is the once a year super clean. Haha has been listening to Sunny at the Ferrari forum it seems ;-)
Oh...no wonder my Porsche always looked so bad :(

Time for a re-waxing I guess.

·
Registered
41 Posts
squid said:
Dolle Dolf said:
Oh...no wonder my Porsche always looked so bad :(

Time for a re-waxing I guess.
Meguiars Tech Wax is a good choice - brings out the richness of the color beautifully...

·
Registered
835 Posts
haha doesn't visit ferrari forum, he is quite happy with this one. It is something I pickup long time ago. And yes, it is not something you'd do once a week.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts