Maserati Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Gransport LE
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having the windows tinted and we can't figure out how to remove the rear deck to properly get the film lined up on the bottom edge. All help is appreciated

·
Registered
491 Posts
If you do find out, let us know.

I read it in the owners manual that 3rd brake light bulb replacement requires removing of rear deck and therefore a dealer item...

I'd suspect that rear seats must come out first to reveal bolts that secure the rear deck to the rear cross member behind the rear seat back, but that's just my speculation.

·
Vendor
4,728 Posts
The Backrest portion of the rear seats unbolt by removing the cover plate that is behind the fold down center armrest. You just need to pull on it ( more than you may think ).

Then you can access the screws to remove the top rear deck as they are just under the speakers.

Hope that helps

·
Registered
2006 Gransport LE
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Backrest portion of the rear seats unbolt by removing the cover plate that is behind the fold down center armrest. You just need to pull on it ( more than you may think ).

Then you can access the screws to remove the top rear deck as they are just under the speakers.

Hope that helps
Thanks Jeff - we thought there must be something behind that center plate but didn't want to pull to hard. - Installed the BMC this morning. Car is breathing better - gotta love the Italian design !! but it gave me an opportunity to tinker !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts