Maserati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a a '02 Coupe Cambiocorsa, love it! XM radio is in all of my cars and I want this one to have it. My stereo shop tells me, "Nice car, do ya have anything to tell us where to start?" So, does anyone have a good idea where to start? We need to find if the unit has any RCA input / output jacks. Where is the antenna plug, behind the screen or is there a radio box that sends to the display? I'm at a lost.
David Culpepper

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
David,

Congrats on the new car and welcome to the site. I hope you enjoy your new beast. Have you checked the car's owners manual?

I'm also kind of surprised XM or the radio maker/installer doesn't have this information. That has been my experience in the past with other car audio equipment.

The only audio topic I can recall is integrating iPod. Hopefully someone else has installed XM and will post a reply.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Let me see if I can help. I know the enigneers at the company that basically invented the XM and Sirius antennas. I used to work with them. I'll call them tomorrow if I have a chance.

Brent

·
Registered
11 Posts
The Amp is built into the centre console below where the Sat / nav CD goes.

You can access it by undoing about 6 screws - what inputs / outputs it has I have no idea!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Aux audio inputs

I have been trying to connect my iPod without success for some time now. What I think we need is a way to attach an auxiliary audio input, probably with an A/B switch, to the amplifier.
The other option would be to use the CD changer audio input, but that only seems to be enabled if the system actually detects a CD changer being installed. There is a company, Dension, that makes an iPod adapter that simulates a Blaupunkt CD changer, but they don't support the system in our Maserati's, which has a radio head apparently made by Magneti Marelli. They do claim to support earlier Maserati's with a radio head made by Becker.
I will keep experimenting, and would appreciate feedback from anyone else who might have figured out how to add a non-standard audio device of any sort, even if done by a custom installer.
Thanks.
Mike

·
Registered
52 Posts
I've opened up the center console but there are several connectors and I haven't figured out which ones to be the audio inputs to the amp. If anyone has this info or knows where to get it, please post. I've asked the dealer and he just directs me to someone who wants $500 to make a cable. Geez!

Marc

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
XM reasearch

Thanks everyone. I have asked my nearest dealer, Ferrari Maserati of Washington, about the amp and cables. They sent me some info from their computer with Maserati. As suggested, everything is under the armrest, all in layers. Next week I will be going to that dealer to have the stereo campaign # 99 done,for stereo improvement and reception. At that time I will see what is there, and take pictures. When I get back from the dealer, I will have my friendly stereo guy to go to work. Pictures to follow.
I have had the car less than a week, and already installed TUBI, won't need a stereo for a while.
David Culpepper

·
Registered
40 Posts
My 02 came with XM installed right next to the ashtray. Clean installation and I can post pictures but can someone tell me how to attach digital photos. I can show the upgrades I've made including lowering, black chrome wheels, custom designed exhaust system, ...

Thanks,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
XM is going in next week

I went to FM of Washinton this week for the stereo upgrade and found this is going to be easy. This XM unit, Terk Commander, requires only to connect to the stereo via a jumper between the antenna and the stereo. Which is under the center armrest. It is a matter of taking off the folding lid, and pulling out the a/c ducts. The plug is under the top most connector.

BTW, found out that if you have a 02 Coupe Camb, have your clutch checked. If it is needs one, they put it in under warranty. Also, check you engine front, under the car. If there is any oil leak, they will replace all gaskets. Mine showed a couple of drops, none on the floor. I'm impressed with what this company want to do for their cars.

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
garyst1024 said:
My 02 came with XM installed right next to the ashtray. Clean installation and I can post pictures but can someone tell me how to attach digital photos. I can show the upgrades I've made including lowering, black chrome wheels, custom designed exhaust system, ...
Gary,

This is the FAQ on attachments: http://www.maseratiforum.net/forum/faq.php#39

When you are posting a message you will see

"Choose File" or "Browse" just below where you are posting. Find it on your computer and put it there. Then hit "Add Attachment" you can post up to I think 10?

When you are done click "Submit"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
7 Participants
Andrew
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing