Maserati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how I get to the horn to replace it and what needs to be removed to gain access?

·
Registered
151 Posts
If the horn works, I would have someone push it and see where the sound comes from. If not, remove the lower shield (as if to do an oil change) and have a look around. In many vehicles the horn is located somewhere low and near the front bumper.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Assuming it's not a fuse issue, it's more likely the horn air compressor is broken. On my 2005 the horn air compressor is located directly behind the front grille. It's a cylinder-like part that has a plastic hose connected to it. The plastic hose is connected to the horn. Check to see if the plastic hose is still connected. If everything looks good and the horn still doesn't work, you can replace the compressor with one from a Wolo air horn kit for about $25. When I replaced my compressor about 10 years ago, the Wolo part was identical. Today the Wolo compressor (Model 400 Airmite 2 12V) looks slightly smaller; however, the mounting screw placement looks the same. The Wolo horns also looked the same; however, I never tried them to see if they have the same note.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts