Maserati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who were some Maserati importers in America? Obviously Bob Grossman and Kjell Qvale.

However, who were some others you have heard of, especially among the first? I believe the wonderfully enigmatic Charles Rezzaghi was the main guy on the west coast for awhile. Any others?

Thanks. Thought some of the 'experts' around here could help me. :cool:

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
I am, but I am very ignorant on the older Maseratis. I do like to learn and I'm happy to see more Vintage people on the site.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's actually a good thing this forum is full of people who weren't necessarily into the vintage cars. It means there are a whole new group of Maseristi. Honestly, I joined this forum because I don't have the experience with the newer cars that you all do. Give and take, and all that. :D

If you're interested, I highly recommend this interview with Bob Grossman in il Tridente. It may take a couple readings to finish, but it's very interesting. Kjell Qvale was tied in with DeTomaso, as you might guess and had a lot to do with the TC on the west coast. I really don't care for him on any count.

Charles Rezzaghi, on the otherhand, is anyone's guess. The man is definitely deserving of a biography, because at one time he was the main man for Alfa Romeo, Maserati, Ferrari, and God knows what else he could get his hands on for the west coast. Despite that, for what little anyone really knows he could have been a San Francisco mafioso. He sold a lot of interesting and even unique cars, and his business was discovered to be bankrupt after he died. That's about it. Very interesting character, however, from my understanding.

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Great info. I am glad everyone can learn from each other and that our experience with the newer cars will help you and vice versa.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just found the name I was looking for: Alfred Momo. He and Briggs Cunningham worked together to import Maseratis. Actually surprised I couldn't remember that. :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
BigFoot
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing