Maserati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have only put 400 miles on my new GS, but I have noticed when trying to make a quick start off the line that the hill holder system holds the car back for the first 1/2 second. The manual does not give much info on this or if you can over-ride the hill holder.

any suggestion or just nail it and blow thru it?

Attachments

·
Registered
188 Posts
So with it turned off does it really have a significant impact on initial throttle response?

If it entirely kills the "dead spot" it would be worth it.

Dealer did this for you?

·
Registered
153 Posts
It doesnt stop that initial lag but it stops the 'grab' feel that I used to get when the system did not let the brakes off quickly enough.

I've not done it but I have read in other threads on this forum that the clutch bite can be adjusted to reduce the lag though this reduced the clutch life.

Tim

·
Registered
824 Posts
I recall the hill holder will hold for different lengths of time depending on the angle of the hill you're on. Pushing the accelerator pedal just a little harder will free it. You get used to it after a while.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I had the dealer adjust the cluth "bite" to be more aggressive. This did improve the lag quite a bit. They warned that this would shorten clutch life but I've got 27K miles on the original clutch now and its doing fine.

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had also read in the manual that the "brake hold" depends on the angle of the hill. I may be wrong, but it seems to me that the brake is "holding" even when stopping on a level surface.

I have only put about 600 miles on the car, and it is bothering me less and less.

·
Registered
824 Posts
sweater said:
I had also read in the manual that the "brake hold" depends on the angle of the hill. I may be wrong, but it seems to me that the brake is "holding" even when stopping on a level surface.

I have only put about 600 miles on the car, and it is bothering me less and less.
Yes. Just put your foot down a little harder when moving off. It took me about 4 weeks to get really used to the CC.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
Glenn Wallace
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing