Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello guys,

I tried to read some threads on Granturismo suspension squeaks but couldn't find answers.

My GTS 2010 is making a loud noise from the suspension (or somewhere near it) when I drive the car for the first 500 meters then the noise stops.
It happens on uneven roads and bumps.

More details:
  • Noise happens almost any time of the day after car sits for 5-6 hours.
  • Noise stays for a longer period of time (5 minutes) in the evening (I guess because the weather gets a bit colder)
  • The high pitch squeaking can be heard from inside as well as outside of the car.
Took it to a shop. The mechanic couldn't tell exactly where the noise is coming from ..specially that by the time I reach his place, which is a couple of miles away, the noise would be gone.

Can anyone help and tell which part of the car would cause this to happen?

Thank you!

·
Registered
581 Posts
does the squeak speed up and slow down with car speed? Does it do it all the time, only when you hit bumps, or not sure?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Mine does something similar and I am thinking it may be sway bar bushes or something.

5,022 Posts
Trying to fixes noises in cars via the internet is like getting a haircut over the phone...Your explanation or description of the noise maybe completely different than person trying to help you...Jason

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Trying to fixes noises in cars via the internet is like getting a haircut over the phone...Your explanation or description of the noise maybe completely different than person trying to help you...Jason
Hi Jason,

I know it is not easy but sometimes there are common things which happen.
A small hint can help sometimes.Specially that what am facing is not a regular squeak...something that is heard only on the first few bumps and goes away after a few minutes.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
2,901 Posts
+1 .

Having said that, maybe if you can record and post a sound clip of the noise, there could be a chance someone might be able narrow down / guess the likely sources .. not sure, just an idea.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts