Maserati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm now getting into high mileage teritory with my 4200 after 3 years of trouble free motoring, 43k miles (69k kilometers) clocked up so far, maybe there are some big bills round the corner?

I have had a CC pump failure so far, but that is all! which is not too bad IMO.

Sooooo, interested in what mileages we have all done? and what failures go with those mileages, no prizes for the highest mileage but would be good to hear :)

Can we give Kilometers & Miles please :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
I own an '02 coupe cambio. i currently have 51,000 miles and am still running trouble free. i am on my second clutch still, other than regular oil changes and scheduled maintenance i have yet to run into a major problem. i have just taken it on a 210mile trip each way, about 550 total, from Pa to Va over the weekend and she's still running strong. no worries.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
50890 at the moment....

Am taking a 250 mile trip this weekend... So far my car has only had the normal oil changes, etc... It's a 2002 CC Coupe.

·
Registered
291 Posts
78300 miles on my precedent (2002 CC). Only 1 clutch changes, but the second-one was at the end... The front disk brakes was changed at 60000 miles.

60900 on my actual (2003 GT). Original clutch, front disk brakes changed a few miles ago.

Never had any problem!

·
Registered
329 Posts
This thread is quite inspiring.. My 02 Coupe GT has just passed the 16K mile mark. I am looking forward to seeing many, many more miles of enjoyment from my car.

·
Registered
255 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
My previuos coupe (May 2003 batch) gave me 29,100 miles without any MAJOR problems at all, but of course I've experienced some ANNOYING problems

1) Fuel pump wire loom chaffed (which meant the car went dead in the middle of a junction, off a motorway slip road) due to being poorly fit when the car was assembled
2) Replaced rear rollbar bushes (knocking) under warranty
3) Replaced rear left strut (ditto) under warranty
4) Replaced air nozzles due to flaking of the silver ring coating, under warranty
5) Rattles here and there, sorted by me
6) Clutch replaced under warranty due to manufacturing problem in clutch plates (original clutch replaced at 25K, so 2 clutches from new, as the original replacement had to be itself replaced shortly after fitting...)

Nothing else I can remember...

·
Registered
530 Posts
55k miles on 02 Spyder

new clutch @ 41k miles
top wouldn't close - ill defined "debris in mechanism/hydraulic problem" fixed under warranty ~ 47k mi
rearview mirror pulled away taking chunk of windshield with it - fixed under warranty ~ 48k mi
Instrument cluster replaced under warranty (precautionary) replaced AC trim rings under warranty (flaking) 49,999 mi
Front shocks (skyhook) replaced 54k mi $3,000 - idiot light showed r front bad l front replaced simultaneously.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Just pass 40K last week. Mine is 02 coupe GT. Only real problem is my AC is not cold and some how dealer cannot find the problem and they keep changing the part. Waste a lot of time and money. Other than that no big problem so far.
pganmol

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Yep, got that news on last service (rear wishbones) Eurospaers do a complete rear suspension bushe package at £264 inc vat, in stock, next day delivery, I replaced 24 of these buggers on a previous car, not easy but can be done DIY.

all in all not a bad response by my reckoning, nice to see some high (ish) mileages without any major engine issues just normal wear n tear from what I can see, looks like maybe Skyhook strutts dont go much past 50k which along with a new hood is going to be the next bill.

Keep m coming chaps its real helpfull (hopefully) for future owners and our re-sale :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What happened to your hood?
nothing really, just looking a bit tired with age, stitching and everything is ok though, might just give it a coat of Renovo to brighten it up, dont know how effective it will be though, may do a before n after pic :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts