Maserati Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
681 Posts
90% of the time when one of my Maserati customers calls and complains about the check engine light, it ends up being because they didn't tighten their gas cap enough.

Take it to Autozone or a Maserati dealer. Have them check the engine warning light and see what the cause of the problem is. If it's the gas cap, just have them erase the code. If it's something else take it to the dealer ASAP.

It happened to me first week of ownership, I was very ignorant and paranoid about the Maserati 4200 and had heard so many false rumors. Anytime a light would come on or a noise I'd see a $20k repair bill in my head. Luckily it was the most reliable car I ever owned to date.

By the way, welcome to the forums Matt, hope to hear more from you and your Father.

· Registered
681 Posts
slow_matt said:
Hello, thanks for the reply. We checked the cap as I did some searching last night and the plastic where it joins to the beautiful alloy for the cap had come adrift. We popped it back together with a smear of silicon sealent and it's fixed that.

It's been started many times to try and clear the fault code but that hasn't worked. Will disconnecting the battery clear the code, or would it cause further problems.

The nearest garage is 90 miles away and autozones don't seem to exist in the uk.

Once again thanks.
My apologies wasn't aware you were in the U.K.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.