Maserati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just joined this Forum today as I am placing a order for a 2004 spyder on 11/24. Hoping to see this forum grow as Maserati grows here in the USA. My last two cars were Porsche BoxsterS and BMW M3 and always found those forums to be a great source of info., but has been very tough to find much on maserati yet. Joined a M3 board before I ordered that car and got great input on what to order on that car, hoping even with the limited numbers here that I could get some feedback. I plan on geting the Skyhook, NAV, Heated seats, Upgrade stereo, Windstop, CD changer and zeon lights. Am going with manual clutch as my M3 is SMG and while I find it to be a great feature, this car will not be a daily driver and like using the clutch for spirited driving. Thanks in advance for any helpfull info.

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Scott,

Welcome to the forum. Glad you could make it here. While we are just getting started I look for this site to grow nicely. If you ever have a suggestion. Feel free to let me know and I'll work it in.

On another note. Congrats on the order of the spyder. What month will the car arrive?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Andrew. I think Maserati will make a big comeback here so hopefully that will get this board growing. As I live in New England I am timing it to get car 1st week in March and dealer said will be given a January prodution slot. Now going nuts trying to decide color, My M3 is carbon black, looks great but very tough to keep clean and shows every little mark and swirls. So I am looking at something lighter, Am thinking of the Azzurro Argentina.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I actually have a nero carbonio Coupe. Coated with teflon, it remains shiny for many days. But for the next-one, I am tempted by a rosso-fiorano (the Ferrari's dark-red, not the Maserati's, as a customised option) with beige/black interior. IMO the cambiocorsa is a must, the manual gearbox is an old feature for people from an other age.

http://www.jaquet.info/rosso.jpg

My 2 cents.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Would most likely have gone with the cambiocorsane to try the newest technology but my M3 has SMG and while I do think it is a great feature I miss the clutch. Like I said earlier this will not be a daily driver only will be used for fun runs when using the clutch is enjoyable. Read your posts about launching yours and is very similiar to the stuff I read on M3 board always a lot of debate on best way. On USA BMW's we did not get the same launch control as Europe got, We could only drop the clutch at 1800RPM, Not sure what maserati does. And after two years I still have trouble getting a good launch, That hiccup right before you get going is very preverlent with SMG. Also when I bought my car was told SMG would make car faster, On the track maybe but for 0-60 it is a little slower. Another reason I am going with the GT is I never used the paddles I always used the shift lever and if maserati had given us that it would have been a tougher decision on which to go with. Both the cambiocorsa and GT seem to be great cars and cannot go wrong ordering either. There was always a huge amount of posts and arguing about the debate of which was better on the M3 board, Lets hope that does not happen here.

·
Registered
291 Posts
For my humble opinion, we are in a transition stage. The F1 gearbox still have a lot of opportunities to be improved.

Probably the best solution would be to have both systems in the same car :D

Globaly the car is GREAT, I enjoy it a lot everyday !!!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
3rd Pedals are on there way out that is for sure. Am sure the sequential manuals will impove greatly in the next few years. That is why I am going with the pedal now and it will most likely be my last. I got to be one of the first in this USA to try this new technology with my M3 SMG and I see great promise for its future but will wait for it to get a little more refined. As I only keep cars for an average of 2 years will not be long before I am driving my next car and that one most likely will be a 2 pedal car. So am just going to have one last fling with my left foot

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
scott said:
3rd Pedals are on there way out that is for sure.
Globally or in the U.S.? I would agree in the U.S. and I think it has already happened except for the sports car market. But in Europe the manual is still very popular.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just wanted to let you guys know I ordered my car yesterday, Got The GT in Azzurro Arentina with Nero interior, with heated seats, gps, Cd changer, Stero upgrade, wind stop, Xenon, and skyhook. My only other thing to think of now is if I want dealer to install tubi exhaust when car comes in. Anyone know if its worth it? I wish Maserati would offer the switch when you order, Kinda sucks that you have to take out a brand new exhaust right away. I put in an aftermarket on my M3 as soon as I bought that also.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Was wondering if anyone here has a GT model. After driving my M3 SMG for two years now I really miss the feel of pushing in a clutch but after doing a lot of research am a little concerned of the GT shifts, Have read things like pedals are difficult to operate due to how close they are and shift is to far from diver ( I am 6Feet) and very long throws. Can anyone out there tell me they drive A GT and find it to be okay?

·
Registered
291 Posts
My local dealer who is very close to the manufacturer (he meet them every 3 monthes) said me there are no 4200 motors with less than 400 HP... Some of them have 425 HP. Does somebody made a dyno test on his car?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
3 Participants
Swiss-Maserati
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing