Maserati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone.. JB here.. just want to introduce myself.. i'm a new member to this forum and very glad to be part of the family.. i drive a 2004 E46 BMW M3 coupe... but just bought a Maserati Quattroporte 2 days ago! lovely car and very pleasurable to drive i have to say.. .here are some pix of it..hope u like 'em!

just a little background info... i'm part canadian and part from Bahrain (for those who arent very strong in geography, its next to Dubai..lol) well i live over there mainly... however, i'm studying in the U.K. so i spend most of my time over here...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Stunning, and this is by and far the best 4 door sedan on the road today. Much better than the 7 series and S class.

I like your choice of color. The blue interior is certainly non-traditional and gives it a nice cool look. Congrats on the new car and welcome to Maserati Forum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Very nice looking. and most who follow F1 should know where Bahrain is, your country just opened an F1 track there 2 years ago (well, this was the second season for it)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Andrew said:
Stunning, and this is by and far the best 4 door sedan on the road today. Much better than the 7 series and S class.

I like your choice of color. The blue interior is certainly non-traditional and gives it a nice cool look. Congrats on the new car and welcome to Maserati Forum.
I disagree on that one Andrew. The Quattroporte may be the most luxurious in its class but the one I want would be the new M5. Hard to dispute that.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Actually, I had an opportunity to purchase a new M5 and passed on it...still a few "first model year" glitches, plus I'm going to wait and see how the manual transmission feels when they're available in the fall of 2006. The M5 is a nice drivetrain, but it just lacks the "personality" and raw appeal of the Maserati. Quite frankly, it looks like a run of the mill 5 series. That may be a plus or a minus.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Wise decision, JonnybravoM3.
Like RickBullota, I too passed on the opportunity to buy the M5 and bought the QP instead....no regrets whatsoever.
The M5 is seriously one fast car but it lack the finesse, refinement and class in comparison. One can't drive brutally fast with all 500 horses of the M5 on city roads and look like a poseur with so many other lesser variants that are commonly seen on the roads. The QP has luxurious interior, better handling and brakes too.
JMHO

·
Registered
48 Posts
I agree. Seems pretty common that people are looking at the same kind of cars to compare. I also was very seriously considering placing an order for the M5, but after thinking more about it, it's just another 5series (at a quick glance to the layman). Unless a person really pays attention to the car it just doesn't stand out (aside from the performance). There's already a ton of BMW 5s and 7s around my area and I just decided I want to be different, set myself apart and be exclusive. Without a doubt it is the most beautiful 4-door sedan in the world (with "almost m5" performance). I'm definately ordering a Carbonio SportGT QP. Ill post fotos when it arrives.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
11 Participants
Swil
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing