Maserati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.maseratilife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2248

Been traveling and finally going to lower my car this week. Met with my mechanic today and he wanted me to ask you where he could get those tools? I will be trying to pick them up tomorrow.

Also (this may be stupid), when you lower the car you are actually "compacting the spring and raising the bottom nut on the spring?:confused:

Thanks for all your help.. they plan on using a spring compressor so maybe it wont take too long.

Thanks Jim

·
Registered
333 Posts
Jim, please excuse my late reply... I was away on a trip.

The tools I asked my mechanic to get for me... I'll ask tomorrow where he got them and let you know.

Also (this may be stupid), when you lower the car you are actually "compacting the spring and raising the bottom nut on the spring?
It is the contrary Jim... if you raise the bottom nut and compact the spring you'd be lifting your car... to lower your car you have to loosen the bottom nut.

The spring compressor will make things a lot easier... don't forget to bring us pictures :)

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
PacoSaca said:
Jim, please excuse my late reply... I was away on a trip.

The tools I asked my mechanic to get for me... I'll ask tomorrow where he got them and let you know.

It is the contrary Jim... if you raise the bottom nut and compact the spring you'd be lifting your car... to lower your car you have to loosen the bottom nut.

The spring compressor will make things a lot easier... don't forget to bring us pictures :)
Hey Jim, I want to see your car once you jack it up. Are you going to just jack up the rear end or are you going for the monster truck look? :D

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BeeYouZeeZee said:
Hey Jim, I want to see your car once you jack it up. Are you going to just jack up the rear end or are you going for the monster truck look? :D
I figure 35" nitto terra grapplers and a class 5 hitch and I can tow the boat and get rid of the excursion.....:D

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks a million Paco... should be done over the weekend or early next week. I am on a trip now and should be back Sunday latest... You need to remember Buzz and I live in TX where they jack up EVERYTHING here:rolleyes: Youre pretty funny Buzz for an IT guy:D

Will post pics ASAP.:cool:

Buzz you will appreciate this... I got pulled over for revving her all the way up and down McKinney Ave in uptown over the weekend.. cop was Italian believe it or not and let me off... He said "love the car, just keep the RPMs down" You should have heard it echoing with those buildings on both sides of the street:cool:

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Thanks a million Paco... should be done over the weekend or early next week. I am on a trip now and should be back Sunday latest... You need to remember Buzz and I live in TX where they jack up EVERYTHING here:rolleyes: Youre pretty funny Buzz for an IT guy:D

Will post pics ASAP.:cool:

Buzz you will appreciate this... I got pulled over for revving her all the way up and down McKinney Ave in uptown over the weekend.. cop was Italian believe it or not and let me off... He said "love the car, just keep the RPMs down" You should have heard it echoing with those buildings on both sides of the street:cool:
LOL! I'll bet it sounded awesome! Are you used to the sound yet? I need to see the car after it's lowered.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL! I'll bet it sounded awesome! Are you used to the sound yet? I need to see the car after it's lowered.
Yeah 7000 RPMs was glorious as martinis were spilling on the patios:cool: ... I am going to get it lowered tomorrow or Tuesday.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Jim, your car is "nero" as well, right...???
with Buzz's car and mine that makes three of us
...guess we could start the "Maser in black club"

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Jim, your car is "nero" as well, right...???
with Buzz's car and mine that makes three of us
...guess we could start the "Maser in black club"
I'm in. Since Jim and I live in the same area, it'll be easy for us to make the meetings but I'm afraid you'd have a little trouble :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts