Maserati Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Gransport LE
715 Posts
Great video. Many always wondered why they moved away from the boomerang - such a better design. We still don't know the "why", only the "how" it occurred. Made zero sense - other than possibly not meeting US regs ??

Reactions: MAS430

·
Registered
441 Posts
Interesting for sure. Anyone know how we can modify our tail lights to make them boomerang style?

Reactions: cash5ive

·
Registered
125 Posts
Great video. Many always wondered why they moved away from the boomerang - such a better design. We still don't know the "why", only the "how" it occurred. Made zero sense - other than possibly not meeting US regs ??
I have read elsewhere that the boomerang tail lights were removed because the U.S. market would not accept it. Bob Zim.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting for sure. Anyone know how we can modify our tail lights to make them boomerang style?
Might want to check this thread:

·
Registered
4200 GT
63 Posts
Mmm...I suppose it must have happened like that , then...!?!
Ive lost count of the number of times I have read from other owners and forum members that it was to satisfy the North American market..And Maserati have precedent for this. Maserati would be foolish to ignore the USA market share, and they know it.
Im not a fan of this guys work..I dont like the McLarens very much. His early work comprises the derivation of classic car designs ( Fiat 500 and the Mini to name two designs he penned (read "copied"), to great acclaim and considerable success) Further, he was responsible for the facelift tweeks to the 4200's. Whilst the 4200 Coupes just about survived his "fiddling", the surfboards he added to the GS are a hideous eyesore. To blame his bosses pretty much sums this guy up IMO.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
I never liked the bummerang tail lights. Yes, in the beginning they were an eye-catcher, but because this design was much too fashionable, it quickly started to annoy me. When I look at these tail lights today, I find them ugly. The following solution is much more sustainable in design, not so conspicuously but overall it gives the car a much more harmonious and solid appearance, a fresher look.

IMO Stephenson's statements are very weak. If it had been like that and his bosses had told him what to do, I think it simply didn't need him. A redundant designer.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Is that tech cloth the same as the stuff used in 2005 and 2006?
I actually liked my tech cloth. My problem was that Maserati never kept any for replacement when that stuff wore thru, snagged, sagged and tore--which only occurred if someone actually drove the cars.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts