Maserati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I am sure most of you do the same.. I thought I would come ask you guys first...

Today, me and my girlfriend got into my car, started driving, and as we were waiting at a light, she started to point and shout "Parking Violation!!"...

I didnt know what she was talking about, so I looked at other cars, trying to see if anyone double parked, etc.

Nope.

Turns out I got a ticket for not having front and rear plates...

Anyone know how to get rid of this without paying the stupid fine, etc... Should I contest?

·
Registered
793 Posts
As I am sure most of you do the same.. I thought I would come ask you guys first...

Today, me and my girlfriend got into my car, started driving, and as we were waiting at a light, she started to point and shout "Parking Violation!!"...

I didnt know what she was talking about, so I looked at other cars, trying to see if anyone double parked, etc.

Nope.

Turns out I got a ticket for not having front and rear plates...

Anyone know how to get rid of this without paying the stupid fine, etc... Should I contest?
Were you not displaying both plates or just displaying the rear?

What's the V.C. Section written on your citation?

·
Registered
52 Posts
If you really live in Beverly Hills (or Santa Monica) you would know that you must have a front plate. They have been giving tickets for years. I got one while parked on Rodeo Dr.. Send the $25. every time you get a ticket, all they want is the money.

·
Registered
240 Posts
If you really live in Beverly Hills (or Santa Monica) you would know that you must have a front plate. They have been giving tickets for years. I got one while parked on Rodeo Dr.. Send the $25. every time you get a ticket, all they want is the money.
^^^^ send it in thats and it

·
Registered
103 Posts
Really? If it was a City of Los Angeles ticket, you have to pay the fee AND have an officer sign off fix-it tickets (no front plate, front window tinting, etc.). Otherwise, they just bill you with more fines.

·
Registered
286 Posts
god i hate California. Just one more stupid ass law.

WARNING NEEDLESS THREAD JACK AHEAD....

I was stationed in San Diego in the Navy. Took a trip up to LA in my New Mustang GT. (Which i bought in GA and Registered in GA.) Was driving down sunset around 9pm on a friday. LAPD was standing in middle of the road don't remember why.

when i pulled up to him he yelled at me to shut off my car. I ask why? He said so he could give me a ticket for no front plate. I laughed at him knowing he was going to be really pissed when he got to the back of my car.

He asked why i didn't have a front plate i told him they look stupid and i felt i didn't need it. lol Now he is really mad and asked for my license. I gave it to him, i had a CA license. He starts writing me the ticket.

I keep quite.

After he has it almost all filled out he goes to the back of the car to write my tag down. He walks back to the window throws my license at me and tells me to get the hell out of his city.

Sometimes it is just way more fun to keep quite and let things pan out.:D

Sorry for the tread jack.

·
Registered
835 Posts
god i hate California. Just one more stupid ass law...
you could have sued the shit out of the cops too here in california.

MB-

just pay the ticket. I was cited 11 times for tinted window while I lived in West LA. Once cited for not having the front plate 10pm at the corner or San Pedro and 2nd (yes, they just want money). Yelled at a parking patrol that almost got myself in trouble...haha... I hate parking patrols. Oh, I got a ticket just yesterday morning: failure to stop completely while making right turn at stop light...now that's a lame ticket. 7am no one was on the road.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Chicago requires both front and rear plates as well. It may be an Illinois law, but is only enforced in Chicago from my experience. I got one at a Cubs game a month ago, now I just keep the spare plate in the passenger seat pocket and throw it on the dash when I'm parked in the city.

·
Registered
133 Posts
god i hate California. Just one more stupid ass law.

WARNING NEEDLESS THREAD JACK AHEAD....

I was stationed in San Diego in the Navy. Took a trip up to LA in my New Mustang GT. (Which i bought in GA and Registered in GA.) Was driving down sunset around 9pm on a friday. LAPD was standing in middle of the road don't remember why.

when i pulled up to him he yelled at me to shut off my car. I ask why? He said so he could give me a ticket for no front plate. I laughed at him knowing he was going to be really pissed when he got to the back of my car.

He asked why i didn't have a front plate i told him they look stupid and i felt i didn't need it. lol Now he is really mad and asked for my license. I gave it to him, i had a CA license. He starts writing me the ticket.

I keep quite.

After he has it almost all filled out he goes to the back of the car to write my tag down. He walks back to the window throws my license at me and tells me to get the hell out of his city.

Sometimes it is just way more fun to keep quite and let things pan out.:D

Sorry for the tread jack.
LOL That is awesome - Way to go!! :D

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Grew up in LA (Huntington Beach near Main Street pier). Got 4 fix-it tickets for no front plate on my TR6 (WITH custom surf racks). Got my brother-in-law (a Bell Gardens motorcycle cop at the time, now a big wig judge in HB) to sign off. Send the money if you need to. Used to be just a sign-off, but that was long time ago when hot doggers like me rode long boards :cool: Dallas seems to ignore it for the most part.... Until they try to tag your black laser absorbing car with laser and there's nothing to aim at. THAT pisses them off. BTW, they use the headlights as a backup. Veddy veddy reflective!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Interesting, on the east coast (MA) thats a violation you get pulled over for. They could never just leave it on your car like that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts