Maserati Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
May I ask you a favor? When you have free time could you take a video a couple of minutes showing how the system operates?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Great info. Thank you for your time.

Unfortunately Naviplus is compatible only to facelift models with the updated NIT screen.?
Sorry to hear that, you may want to explore other possibilities. Having android auto and reverse back up pretty much resolves the majority of the 'dated' infotainment criticisms.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Thank you. Yes I have seen this video before when I asked these guys if it is compatible with early NIT units.

Unfortunately the only solution for me is upgrade the car ?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thank you. Yes I have seen this video before when I asked these guys if it is compatible with early NIT units.

In a nutshell, there is a button you can mount (comes with a kit) as well as connected to the "Hangup" button on the steering wheel. Pressing that opens up the default android auto interface that you can check out on any other car that has android auto (I believe the UI is all the same) I don't know of any other options for gen 5. Best of luck though!

·
Registered
64 Posts

Are you sure about that?
Some months ago i asked naviplus if there is a compatible solution for early units (2004-2008) and they replied it is possible.

What they wrote:
"
We have a kit for your model such as GPS, rear view camera, Android Auto or CarPlay system,
But as you don't have an AUX input on, you need to use FM transmitter for sound sources.
"

FM Transmitter is a no-go for me, but would it be possible to use a naviplus interface (Android Auto/CarPlay) combined with a loudlink interface instead of a FM Transmitter to achieve better sound quality? That was the only unanswered question which kept me from upgrading.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Not an option for me cause my unit looks like this:
QP_07_Automatica_Dash.JPG

they added an AUX Integration kit - to bypasses the CD Changer for older QP5 Versions without AUX port. nice!
Maybe we could get some discount for a group buy too?

·
Registered
764 Posts
Are you sure about that?
Some months ago i asked naviplus if there is a compatible solution for early units (2004-2008) and they replied it is possible.

What they wrote:
"
We have a kit for your model such as GPS, rear view camera, Android Auto or CarPlay system,
But as you don't have an AUX input on, you need to use FM transmitter for sound sources.
"

FM Transmitter is a no-go for me, but would it be possible to use a naviplus interface (Android Auto/CarPlay) combined with a loudlink interface instead of a FM Transmitter to achieve better sound quality? That was the only unanswered question which kept me from upgrading.
Yes I'm sure but that it was a couple of years ago.

Now I see that they built a unit for our models.too !!!

What a pitty that have a Bluetooth module only for apple ???.......

FM transmitter is also NO solution for me too.

A wired connection is also a NO solution for me in year 2020....

The goal is to have a full info on the screen album name, artist name, track name, maybe album picture etc.
Im.afraid if the solution with loudlink is possible we ll be "blind" once again.

A whole new Android unit with ZERO music info is called downgrade, not upgrade.

·
Registered
764 Posts
We must ask them if there is a solution for Bluetooth pairing with Android with full info provided on the screen.

Otherwise it doesn't exist for me. Major deal breaker for me.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yes I'm sure but that it was a couple of years ago.

Now I see that they built a unit for our models.too !!!

What a pitty that have a Bluetooth module only for apple ???.......

FM transmitter is also NO solution for me too.

A wired connection is also a NO solution for me in year 2020....

The goal is to have a full info on the screen album name, artist name, track name, maybe album picture etc.
Im.afraid if the solution with loudlink is possible we ll be "blind" once again.

A whole new Android unit with ZERO music info is called downgrade, not upgrade.

It's a complete android auto / apple carplay interface with a touch overlay. Audio will be streamed via aux from naviplus interface to our original unit.
Factory screen remains original and will provide you with exactly the same info as shown on your device (smartphone).
as far as my research goes this is the best upgrade while maintaining the genuine look.

wireless connection is a good question though! i wrote another e-mail to naviplus ... we'll see.

EDIT: (statement from naviplus)
no wireless kit available yet for QP V
------------------

anyway there are third party wireless dongles on the market;
EDIT:
can be used with a wirless dongle like this:

·
Registered
764 Posts
This is their reply about Android wireless module:

Thank you for your inquiry,

Yes, we've got only wireless version for Apple phone at the moment, wireless version Android phone will be available in the future..

best regards

·
Registered
764 Posts
I have another query:

How the digitizer will be sapplied to the screen?

Like tempered glass on our phones? Or simply put it on top of the screen?

My concern is the dust between the digitizer and the screen.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts