Maserati Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright the scenario...took the car out last night ran fine, got up drove it to work everything was normal till I got off the toll road. Im just putting along about 45mph and a red light on the dash catches my eye, its the oil light then I see the oil pressure is at 0! I freak but then it shoots back up to 70 then slowly down to 35-40 before returning to 70. I was less than a mile from work so I just kept driving. popped the hood no fluids or odd smells and the car ran fine through all of it. what's your opinions? hopefully just a sensor. its an 02 CC. thanks

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
alright the scenario...took the car out last night ran fine, got up drove it to work everything was normal till I got off the toll road. Im just putting along about 45mph and a red light on the dash catches my eye, its the oil light then I see the oil pressure is at 0! I freak but then it shoots back up to 70 then slowly down to 35-40 before returning to 70. I was less than a mile from work so I just kept driving. popped the hood no fluids or odd smells and the car ran fine through all of it. what's your opinions? hopefully just a sensor. its an 02 CC. thanks
Sounds like a sensor... You might also check the oil pressure with a tester to make sure.. There is also a problem with the oil pump clogging on these cars depending which oil is being used...

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have seen some oil pressure sensors fail; however, I have seen more oil pressure fluxations because of loose ground wires. I would check the ground wires first, if that doesn't do it, let me know and I can get you a sensor.

·
Registered
35 Posts
As GCalo mentioned, check oil level first.

My did the same after sitting for 3 weeks. ( on VAC )

Check the oil level and gently open it up through 4th. The oil pressure sending unit tends to harbor enough material to not register a correct reading.

just my .02c

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.