Maserati Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there :)

Few days ago i noticed a weird noise , on acceleration. The car is a 00´ 3200 GT twinturbo.

It only makes it when the turbos kick in. That means that , when stopped, revving it makes no noise.

What i hear is basically a loud "humming noise" coming from the drivers side turbo, seeming like a "leak" noise and i can hear more the left side turbo whistling.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks

P.S: I dont notice any performance losss.....

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:)

I have 2 spare turbos at home. It got worse this friday night.

The sound of the decatted V8 TT is just...incredible.

After getting this fixed, and my car will start its work only next monday, due to excess of service at shop , BIG movies will be made.

I get some flames coming out, dont know why. LOL

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Hi there :)

Few days ago i noticed a weird noise , on acceleration. The car is a 00´ 3200 GT twinturbo.

It only makes it when the turbos kick in. That means that , when stopped, revving it makes no noise.

What i hear is basically a loud "humming noise" coming from the drivers side turbo, seeming like a "leak" noise and i can hear more the left side turbo whistling.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks

P.S: I dont notice any performance losss.....
Turbo bearings are toast?

·
Super Moderator
4,260 Posts
:)

I have 2 spare turbos at home. It got worse this friday night.

The sound of the decatted V8 TT is just...incredible.

After getting this fixed, and my car will start its work only next monday, due to excess of service at shop , BIG movies will be made.

I get some flames coming out, dont know why. LOL
Sorry to hear the second turbo went too!

But I am very much looking forward to the movies! :D

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, picking up my car today :)

Miss him like hell... The reason it took so long was because there were family issues with person who runs the shop and etc etc.

Result: Damaged left side turbo. The "propeller" that is on the exhaust doesnt even rotate , and theres alot of oil around the exhaust turbine, passing to the exhaust and the reason for the smoke.

After replacing it, its 100% now.

In the meantime, i ´ve managed to find a set of brand new 19" Gransport Wheels BBS, polished version . Will try to get them installed tomorrow. And after that, photo shoot!

Cheers:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.