Maserati Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there :)

Few days ago i noticed a weird noise , on acceleration. The car is a 00´ 3200 GT twinturbo.

It only makes it when the turbos kick in. That means that , when stopped, revving it makes no noise.

What i hear is basically a loud "humming noise" coming from the drivers side turbo, seeming like a "leak" noise and i can hear more the left side turbo whistling.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks

P.S: I dont notice any performance losss.....

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Scheduled next week to figure out problem....

If there is any problem with the turbocharger, i have a spare set of those IHI monsters resting in the garage :D

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Sorry to hear it mate, hope it won't cost too much to fix...

BTW, still waiting for your sound clips of the Larini exhausts ;)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:)

I have 2 spare turbos at home. It got worse this friday night.

The sound of the decatted V8 TT is just...incredible.

After getting this fixed, and my car will start its work only next monday, due to excess of service at shop , BIG movies will be made.

I get some flames coming out, dont know why. LOL

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Hi there :)

Few days ago i noticed a weird noise , on acceleration. The car is a 00´ 3200 GT twinturbo.

It only makes it when the turbos kick in. That means that , when stopped, revving it makes no noise.

What i hear is basically a loud "humming noise" coming from the drivers side turbo, seeming like a "leak" noise and i can hear more the left side turbo whistling.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks

P.S: I dont notice any performance losss.....
Turbo bearings are toast?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hiz...

THe turbo was not removed yet... But there is 99.9% of certain.

Boxer: Yes, even if i dont go fast road , i always let the car idle about 2 minutes...

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts

I have 2 spare turbos at home. It got worse this friday night.

The sound of the decatted V8 TT is just...incredible.

After getting this fixed, and my car will start its work only next monday, due to excess of service at shop , BIG movies will be made.

I get some flames coming out, dont know why. LOL
Sorry to hear the second turbo went too!

But I am very much looking forward to the movies! :D

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Ooopsy, thought when you said it got worse on Friday that the other one had gone too ;)

When will you pick it up from the garage?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ooopsy, thought when you said it got worse on Friday that the other one had gone too ;)

When will you pick it up from the garage?

The first noise i was complaining about got worse on friday :)

I would like it to be ready next week or early other one.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When taking car to the shop there was presence of blue smoke , and the noise of left turbo got louder, metallic noise/rattle. Will have turbo removed tomorrow, to confirm diagnosis.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, picking up my car today :)

Miss him like hell... The reason it took so long was because there were family issues with person who runs the shop and etc etc.

Result: Damaged left side turbo. The "propeller" that is on the exhaust doesnt even rotate , and theres alot of oil around the exhaust turbine, passing to the exhaust and the reason for the smoke.

After replacing it, its 100% now.

In the meantime, i ´ve managed to find a set of brand new 19" Gransport Wheels BBS, polished version . Will try to get them installed tomorrow. And after that, photo shoot!

Cheers:D

·
Registered
695 Posts
Glad you are up and running. During your photo shoot, take a couple of back end shots for us - man, I wish Maser had kept the boomerang lights on our 4200s.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts