Maserati Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so the factory alarm wasn't working when my car (2004 cc) got delivered and I thought that adding an aftermarket one would be a less expensive alternative than driving 100 miles to the dealer and having them fix it. Unfortunately I've found that it will be ~$1000 to get the aftermarket alarm installed (4/5 of that as labor) so now I'm looking at other options.

Neither of my keys do anything when I press the buttons even after changing the batteries. At first I thought they might need to be reprogrammed but before I go to the dealer I thought that I'd address my concerns here for your advice...

The alarm light on the dash never flashes nor do any of my exterior lights. Not when I lock the car, never. If my keys were simply not programmed correctly wouldn't I at least get a flashing light when the car is locked/unlocked? Perhaps not but that's been my experience with other cars.

Any feedback that you have will be greatly appreciated. I just hate to drive to the dealer in San Antonio for them to tell me it's something else and that I'll have to leave the car there instead of simply waiting for them to reprogram while I wait. Thanks!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also...

it was suggested by scottishlad to turn off the battery and see if that resets the alarm BUT I don't have any of the code cards so I'm worried that if I do that my car won't start, the radio may require a code, or both. Does anybody know if I'll need any codes for an '04 when I turn the battery back on?

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
You probably need codes for the stereo, but i'm not aware of any other codes.

Why did you buy the car like that? You should have asked for the code cards and red key (if that model/year has one).

·
Registered
2 Posts
I can only talk about the European version of 04' Spyder CC.
You don't need a code after switching off/on the battery. Everything including the nav/radio system works fine.
But you need the red code card for the emergency start procedure as well as for ordering a further key for your car.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Neither of my keys do anything when I press the buttons even after changing the batteries. At first I thought they might need to be reprogrammed but before I go to the dealer I thought that I'd address my concerns here for your advice...

The alarm light on the dash never flashes nor do any of my exterior lights. Not when I lock the car, never. If my keys were simply not programmed correctly wouldn't I at least get a flashing light when the car is locked/unlocked? Perhaps not but that's been my experience with other cars.
This is straight from the "stupid questions" category, but have you checked your fuses?

·
Registered
431 Posts
alarm

Hi. My alarm wasn't working but it did flash the indicator lights. The tech told me that it could be the siren. He told me that the yellow? conncetor plug should be checked. I took the car to the dealer and asked him to have a quick look. He again told me to check the conncetor and told me where it was. I took the trunk plastic off, 6 screws, removed the left hand side panel and asked him. He put the conncetor back in and alls well-thank God. The siren and conncetor is located on the lfet hand rear wheel side. You have to go through the trunk. Check that first. Good Luck.
I bought a used siren from the bay in US. I am in Uk if you need a siren.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.