1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wood Road surface Asphalt Tints and shades Landscape

Gesture Road surface Wood Asphalt Floor

Wood Road surface Cloud Asphalt Automotive tire

Ran the car for like 15 minutes. No revs or anything. Checked underneath just out of curiosity and found this. Any thoughts/ideas?? My thoughts oil, just no idea what happened or why or how serious. Had the car 13 days and it wasn’t leaking anything before. 03 Coupe Cambiocorsa

·
Registered
75 Posts
See if you can see anything from the top, however very likely you will need to lift it to see what it is going on.

I had a minor leak recently and it was nothing serious (at least in the short term).
See details below… sometimes we get lucky!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
See if you can see anything from the top, however very likely you will need to lift it to see what it is going on.

I had a minor leak recently and it was nothing serious (at least in the short term).
See details below… sometimes we get lucky!

Wood Creative arts Sculpture Artifact Art

Automotive tire Automotive exhaust Wood Tints and shades Automotive design
This is all I can really see from the top. Don’t see anything super obvious from valve covers. The drops definitely seem to have come from the front of the engine or at least it looks like that’s their origin. It does look like there’s some wetness in these pictures.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Hood Automotive exterior

·
Registered
128 Posts
It is very hard to see, I’d give it a really good clean up (steam clean) as there is a lot of oily mess that will make it hard to spot the source.

Usuall suspects:
Valve cover gaskets
Front cover gasket

also check oil level not overfilled - dry sump car - so a hot running level.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts