Maserati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've had my 2006 Gransport LE for about a year now and have recently run into an issue where I am having consistent difficulty opening the driver's side door with the key manually through the key hole. Unfortunately, when I got the car, the keys weren't synced to electronically lock/unlock the doors, so I've always just used the manual keyhole method. However, the key does open the trunk. Nonetheless, I've been getting either locked in or out of my car from the inside and the outside as the door is really struggling to unlock most of the time. From the inside, sometimes I need to push hard to open as if it is getting stuck/hooked on some mechanism. From the outside, sometimes the window goes down as if it is ready to open, but I need to pull hard to get it unhooked, or it doesn't open at all. Locking doesn't seem to be an issue. Any recommendations or thoughts on what's going on or how to fix? Actuator issue?

·
Super Moderator
4,411 Posts
At a guess the lock unit is failing.

But there's a plastic sleeve on the striker bar (the bit on the door jam) which wears out and might be causing bits to hang up. Worth checking the condition and possibly removing / replacing.

C

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At a guess the lock unit is failing.

But there's a plastic sleeve on the striker bar (the bit on the door jam) which wears out and might be causing bits to hang up. Worth checking the condition and possibly removing / replacing.

C
Thanks Catman I'll give it a check and update

1 - 3 of 3 Posts