Maserati Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So up until this morning, everything has been working quite well on my spyder. Knock on wood!! This morning I tried lowering the top of my convertible, and it seems as though there is not enough power to open the "lid" of the trunk to lower the top into. Has anyone experienced this problem before?

Just to give a little more detail, when I press the lower button, it takes longer than usual for the back glass portion to roll up, but then when it finally does, the next step, where the "lid" is supposed to pop up, tries, but then gets stuck. As a result the operation just doesn't proceed. Mind you I don't get any error light associated with the convertible top operation on my dash... Anyway hope this detail paints a picture into the problem. if you guys have any idea what steps to take, please advise.. Thank you much in advance.

Lastly, does the convertible system have a hydrolic fluid chamber somewhere?

Thanks
Tony

·
Registered
224 Posts
I don't have a spyder, but i seem to recall past threads that said resetting the car (i.e. turning off the power at the battery kill switch... search for the right procedure) often "fixed" problems with the top

·
Registered
722 Posts
I'd guess a switch is out of adjustment on one of the lid latch mechanisms.

I have an occasional problem like this on the back glass release mechanism (not the lid) where one of the two posts deos not release from the rear deck. I just stop, briefly press the top control rocker in the "raise" direction, then go back to trying to lower the top again. It usually works on the 2nd try.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts