Maserati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I took delivery of my new GranSport a couple weeks ago. I love it! I also ordered a BMC air filter and it arrived today and I want to install it myself. I looked under the hood and it looks pretty hard to get at. I was wondering if you guys had any tips on how best to get at it before I dive into it. Thanks.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Congrats on the purchase.
Assuming it's like my coupe, the air filter is accessed by removing the panel in front of the left front wheel.
How much was the air filter?

Regards,
Sean

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Sean. I got it in today and it was pretty easy once I got it up on the lift. I got the filter from bmcairfilter.com. It was around $87 and I bought the cleaning kit too which was around $18. The total with shipping to the states was about $115. Thanks again.

·
Registered
513 Posts
So GSRosso, what are your impressions of the BMC filter? anything noticable?

also, I have done a web search of BMC, and most of the hits from google come up with places where results are confusing, usually coming up with the conical filters,.....was yours a standard rectangular panel filter??

·
Registered
513 Posts
I took the plunge and bought one from bmcfilters.com, they are in Italy but their website has a specific site for US and Canadian purchases.

My tab was $108 US,,,,,,I will post my experiences once i get it installed.

·
Registered
188 Posts
So is it necessary to have a lift to change the air filter, or can it be done from the engine bay?

·
Registered
513 Posts
I beleive the car needs to be lifted, I looked for the filter housing everywhere within the engine bay and could not see it. I looked at the owners manual and they mention to consult your dealer for replacement, which tells me it is not easily assessable.

oddly, when you go to bmcfilters.com, when you punch in your vehicle, a photo of the conical round filter comes up, which confused me as those are usually associated with an after market open air filter element. ...once you order it, the correct photo is shown in your basket, which is a traditional rectangular panel filter.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey guys. I was confused too when I went to their website and so I e-mailed them. They said that the other filter options such as VAS and conical automatically pop up when you enter your car make because they will work with with most other cars. But, he said that for Maserati all they have is the standard replacement filter code number 349/12.

As for noticing any improvement I haven't had the car out yet. It was raining the day I installed it and it has rained the last couple of days as well. It was sunny on Sunday, but of course it decided to hit a record high of 102 so I didn't bother to get the car out since I wouldn't be able to feel anything with it that hot. I'll let you know.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
RossoGS
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing