Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. My Gran Cabrio is paying me back for the lack of love I've shown her.

The battery is dead, I got into the boot by pulling the thing in the back seat which opened it

Jump started, took the car for a drive. Returned to charge the battery, boot won't open

Pull thing no longer works.

About to scrap the car.

Can anyone help? Please?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi everyone. My Gran Cabrio is paying me back for the lack of love I've shown her.

The battery is dead, I got into the boot by pulling the thing in the back seat which opened it

Jump started, took the car for a drive. Returned to charge the battery, boot won't open

Pull thing no longer works.

About to scrap the car.

Can anyone help? Please?
Buy a battery tender man keep it connected all the time ... My dealer said it also extends the life of the battery and short trips pull on the battery ... To charge a battery while driving evidently requires 30 minutes continuous interstate speed driving ...

4,089 Posts
You don't need 30 minutes of interstate driving to recharge a car battery...If you follow that logic than every car would have a dead car battery....A modern alternator can recharge a car battery very quickly just by driving around for a bit..Jason

·
Registered
24 Posts
You don't need 30 minutes of interstate driving to recharge a car battery...If you follow that logic than every car would have a dead car battery....A modern alternator can recharge a car battery very quickly just by driving around for a bit..Jason
Just what the Maserati dealership service rep told me because of the electrical demands with today’s modern cars ... Our Mercedes AMG GTS dame thing keep it on tender as well ... Extends life of the battery ...

4,089 Posts
No offense, but I'm pretty sure that person doesn't understand how an automobile works....When they design the car they account for all the electrical loads...That is why cars come with 120 or like 150 amp alternators...Cars don't need to be recharged like a cell phone...They have a charger built in and it charges the battery every time you drive the car...Jason

·
Registered
24 Posts
No offense, but I'm pretty sure that person doesn't understand how an automobile works....When they design the car they account for all the electrical loads...That is why cars come with 120 or like 150 amp alternators...Cars don't need to be recharged like a cell phone...They have a charger built in and it charges the battery every time you drive the car...Jason
I have lived long enough when automobiles had 6 volt systems and generators and now 12 volt alternator systems ... My experience with my Maserati is my own ... Battery tenders are a great device to keep batteries full charge and extend the battery life ... This was really my point ...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts