Maserati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2006 quattroporte did not come with a manual unfortunately and I am unable to find anything on here or anywhere else that shows a diagram or even the different locations of the multiple fuse boxes. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am having problems and desperately need to check the fuse box. I found one that listed the fuses which said they were under the floor mat passenger side but nothing was there but a bose speaker. THANKS

·
Registered
185 Posts
sandyman,

i will look in my manual when I get home. at least I can tell you location of boxes and what is in each one, I may be able to scan and send a pic, but that will be tomorrow when back at the office.

ed

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks alot, my alarm is goin haywire goin off constantly after changin the battery, to the point of even unpluggin the battery doesn't stop, my mechanic told me to disconnect the alarm fuse until i can afford to have it looked at

·
Registered
185 Posts
I hope this helps....

There are three locations for relays and fuses: The one that looks to hold the Alarm System Siren ECU is in the passendger compartment, to the left of the steering wheel. Look below the headlight switch. There is a leather panel there that goes from the left edge of the dash to the steering column.
There are two screws on the bottom edge of that panel. Remove those secrews and push the panel downward. The entire panel should come off.

you should see 4 relays on a block. Three are smaller( one positioned vertically, two are horizontal) with a 4th larger relay to the right.

Directly above those relays are 25 fuses, arranged in a 5 X 5 block.

Fuse # F39 will be the second row, first column. It will be red and 10A.

The manual says that fuse controls: Inside roof node, multimedia stystem, AC and heating system node, OBDII diagnostics socket, Alarm System Siren ECU and Motion sensing alarm Ecu.

I can only say try removing that fuse to see if it stops the alarm. I am only looking in the manual and not a mechanic, so this is what its worth. Obviously there are other things that will not work with that fused removed.

This assumes of course that it is the OEM alarm system and not an aftermarket alarm...
good luck. let us know.

·
Registered
185 Posts
sandyman,

just thought of something else...
if don't know what is causing the alarm, perhaps deactivating the alarm system motion sensors and anti- lift alarm system first might be helpful.

On the upper "console" panel above the sun roof control, there are several buttons.

The two on the left ( picture of car being lifted and car shaking) are for deactivating those alarms....
Pressing each button will deactivate the alarm system for that function.

When the system is deactivated, the LED on the button will flash for three seconds and then turn off.

maybe try this as first step before pulling the fuse.

Ed

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks alot everyone, imma try that fuse F#39 to see if that works, ill post results as I would reaelly like to solve this problem. I really cant believe there is not an upload or pdf of the diagrams for the relays and fuses on this car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
will the fuses be numbered? like will it say F#39 on the fuse or will I have to figure out whihc one it is cause i am sortta confused on ur description (still appreciative of it however). Second row first coloumn? if they are listed on the fuses then it shouldnt be an issue

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that worked for the sound part of the alarm but the lights still keep flashing. Anyone know the fuse for the alarm lights? thanks for the help, i can now atleast not hear the annoying alarm repeatedly go off, only the lights

·
Registered
185 Posts
sandyman,
I don't see anything for the alarm lights. Did you try turning off the motion and lift sensors?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Just curious... i didnt get a manual either for an 07 Wetsump auto... In the passenger compartment I have 6 rows 12 fuses total.. all manuals as far as 2010.. Any idea why I have a 6 row?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts