Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new and need help!!! I am considering buying a used 02/03 spyder/coupe. My main concern is reliability. I have been going thru the different messages and it seems that there are some problems with the F1 Trany (Relays/Pump/Software).

My questions are:

1) Is an 02 or an 03 better and why?
2) If buying an 02, what should I be looking for in terms of bugs/problems?
3) If buying an 03, what should I be looking for in terms of bugs/problems?

Any additional info that can help my decision will be very helpful

·
Registered
722 Posts
This is a very frequent question (once per week or so). Using the forum's "search" feature or just reading it backwards will help you out.

In general, newer is a little better. The first model year manufacture of any car can be an interesting ownership experience.

·
Registered
329 Posts
This is a very frequent question (once per week or so). Using the forum's "search" feature or just reading it backwards will help you out.

In general, newer is a little better. The first model year manufacture of any car can be an interesting ownership experience.
Quite true. Although I have an '02 Coupe GT with just under 18,000 miles and love the car. No problems or issues in the past years, and the 6-speed is so much fun to drive.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks DeaneG. You are correct, there is lots of info and I need to spend time researching.

By the way, I am in Silicon valley as well!

·
Registered
722 Posts
...By the way, I am in Silicon valley as well!
Great, maybe I will see you around! So far I have only spotted two spyders and a two couples since I've had mine (1yr+), but maybe five or 6 QP's. They are definitely not the usual automotive hardware.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts