Maserati Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all,

I'm new to this forums. I've been looking at a used Maserati Cambriocorsa coupe. I really like it, but people usually mention a lot of expensive repairs at the dealer at 4k+.

A few quick things to know. I am not financing this car first of all, so I won't have a car payment. I'm not struggling to afford this car, but like a lot of people on this forum, I'm not rich either. I am a more "technical" DIYer. I'm not scarred to work with a lot of electronics, programming, and get my hands dirty. If I can avoid spending extra money, I will. I want to know anything and everything about the car before I buy, and I don't care if the car I'm looking at slides away. I can wait for another one to come up.

From some reading, I know the Maseratis come with an F1 transmission or a 6 MT. I'm guessing there's not a regular automatic or a CVT automatic transmission. The car will not be a daily driver, and it will be lucky to even see 8k-10k miles per year (4-6k miles more likely). It will just be a cool weekend/leisure car for me.

I know it probably isn't even worth it to even try and get ahold of an SD2 computer and replace an F1 clutch yourself, but I'd still like to know all that's involved in doing this, plus what's involved in any other complex repairs. Besides the F1 transmission pump and clutch, what are some other common problems with these cars, and it would be even better if you guys know the fixes for them. Also, what special service tools do these cars need?

Thanks guys!

·
Vendor
4,728 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum, we have some excellent upgrades for the Maserati's and we support the DIY'er. Let us know if we can do anything for you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts