Maserati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about buying a yellow 03 spyder I had a concern its prob a dumb one but do you guys think or have experience with yellow cars? In terms of tickets and cops wanting to harass you. Is this a myth??

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I think that I can explain the myth to you in terms of marketing... As that is where the colors come in.

The two colors that "catch people's eyes" the most are red at #1 (specifically brick red, #cc000, and bright red) and yellow at #2.

The reason people say that cops are harrassing them, etc. is because when a car that is bright red drives by at 100 MPH and the other cars are all black, grey, or green (green gets picked up the least)... the cops notice you.

Just like if you had a tuned up honda with a cannon exhaust, tinted taillights and windows, and a 4 foot spoiler.

Dont worry about it... The fact that it is a maserati, as I have found, cancels out the fact that it is yellow. You will notice very soon that you seem to get warnings anytime you get pulled over :]

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool yea thanks I really like the yellow but wanted to see what you guys thought and do you guys know any good independent shops that know Maserati in LA?

·
Registered
793 Posts
Cool yea thanks I really like the yellow but wanted to see what you guys thought and do you guys know any good independent shops that know Maserati in LA?
Buy what you like.

Forget about the color's effect upon future events!

Drive it decently and you'll have no worries.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts