Maserati Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Does this "The hose goes bad from the inside out because of electrolysis within the engine that goes on because of the dissimilar metals in the engine and the coolant." ...mean there is no modern hose that is heat resistant that is fiberglass reinforced that would not last 10+ years?

5,880 Posts
There are some better hose materials out there no doubt...The size is like 12mm ID, but you could match it up with something better ...J

5,880 Posts
Part of the reason a Bugatti EB110 was so bad ass in its day...Look at all the silicon hoses...Bad MoFo in its day.IMO..J
Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Car Automotive design

Reactions: Sock Tucker

·
Registered
995 Posts
The hose goes bad from the inside out because of electrolysis within the engine that goes on because of the dissimilar metals in the engine and the coolant...Stuff like that is kinda common in some cars...Just to point out that all these cars with broken hoses are well out of warranty and the part did its job from a manufacture stand point...Jason
10 years out of a hot rubber hose seems fair to me too. 🤷‍♀️

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Does this "The hose goes bad from the inside out because of electrolysis within the engine that goes on because of the dissimilar metals in the engine and the coolant." ...mean there is no modern hose that is heat resistant that is fiberglass reinforced that would not last 10+ years?
Silicone hose is basically indestructible. I use it when im replacing any vacuum hose on BMW's or Porsches i work on. BMW, by far, has the 80,000 mile coolant hose explosion. The aftermarket has options out there. But for this little hose, I would just get bulk silicone hose.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Yeah I would just replace that small hose. I would take it to the local industrial hose shop and say "give me 4 inches of the best hose you got!" No matter how much it costs Lol. And it would be nice if its steel braided too.

Really, it seems like they could have made that pipe rigid all the way across. Theres no flexing between cylinder heads.

·
Premium Member
2013 GT/MC SportLine Blu Sofisticato - Black w/Yellow stitching and calipers
88 Posts
Yeah I would just replace that small hose. I would take it to the local industrial hose shop and say "give me 4 inches of the best hose you got!" No matter how much it costs Lol. And it would be nice if its steel braided too.

Really, it seems like they could have made that pipe rigid all the way across. Theres no flexing between cylinder heads.
I like the way you think!!!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts