Maserati Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I have just got a Quattroporte 2008 and, hence, am joining the forum. Love the car!

My first question, does anyone know:

-Are the front seat heaters factory pre-built into the seats (in which case one could get the heater control unit, the switch panel and update the PCM to get them running)

or

-Are the seats customised separately for the "winter package" in which case they would not have the heaters built in?

I picked up some great information off the forum, congratulations to you all and many thanks: I managed to install myself the paddle shifters and can give advice to those who want to have a go at it.

I also installed the Parrot bluetooth phone module customised for Maserati and the LoudLink bluetooth MP3 device. They both work great independently, one for phone the other for music, all through the steering wheel buttons.

Regards to all

Stefan

·
Registered
659 Posts
i believe that the heating element pad is not present on nonheated seats. i cannot say for certain whether the wiring is there, but it's possible. i would venture to say a dealer would need to be involved with an installation, due to the likelyhood that the BCM and network would need to be realigned with a new configuration file to make the heated seats operate.

·
Registered
127 Posts
are you sure they aren't heated? there should be a dial on the front side of the seat base, i don't believe i've ever seen a qp without heated seats. ventilated was optional but i thought heated was standard..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your replies, I am certain they are not heated. Both seats have only position adjustment dials and not the heating controls which should be in front of them, and the menue on the drivers screen for heated seats is not there. I'll inspect underneath with a flex camera if wiring is in place

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi everyone. I have just got a Quattroporte 2008 and, hence, am joining the forum. Love the car!

My first question, does anyone know:

-Are the front seat heaters factory pre-built into the seats (in which case one could get the heater control unit, the switch panel and update the PCM to get them running)

or

-Are the seats customised separately for the "winter package" in which case they would not have the heaters built in?

I picked up some great information off the forum, congratulations to you all and many thanks: I managed to install myself the paddle shifters and can give advice to those who want to have a go at it.

I also installed the Parrot bluetooth phone module customised for Maserati and the LoudLink bluetooth MP3 device. They both work great independently, one for phone the other for music, all through the steering wheel buttons.

Regards to all

Stefan
Hey wanna pm me info on that Bluetooth device?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi

You have a couple of options

1) Phone: Original Maserati Bluetooth Parott interface, there are a couple on ebay
Maserati Quattroporte 2005 - 2008 Bluetooth Retrofit Kit 2018188 | eBay

That is integrated with the commands on the steering wheel and has voice command with iPhone, probably with other phons as well. It cuts any other playback on the radio and once the call is finished gets back. It is paired with your phone and connects automatically. There is no caller info display. Works great for me. Installation is dead easy once you have taken out the head unit.

2) MP3 playback. There a couple of products working with QP. I've tested 2 of 3

A) Loudlink
Loudlink High Quality Bluetooth Car Kits, CD Changer replacement adapters, - for Fiat, Alfa Romeo, Lancia, Maserati, Porsche - Ogg Vorbis MP3 AAC WMA and lossless FLAC WAV player - Bluetooth Handsfree and USB Charger

Connects to the CD changer, Bluetooth with the phone. The phone works only if you are in CDC mode. It is integrate with the steering wheel buttons. It has a USB port which is only for charging.

When I installed it it worked great, however, 2 days ago i had a report of "electrical failure" when I started the car. All the lights on the dash were blinking. I had to disconnect the battery for 30 min to reset the system, but afte a couple of starts it happened again. When I disconnected the Loudlink this stopped happening. This device is somehow interfering with the car's electrics. I'll get in touch with Loudlink. The firewire is updatable so that may potentially help.

B) Dension Gateway Lite
Gateway Lite BT | Dension

This works ok (so far), essentially provides the same as the above but you can link your phone not only via Bluetooth but directly via USB and it has a dedicated iPod module. Both devices have a memory card facility, I think the limit is 32GB. The navigation works through the built in buttons but it is a bit clumsy.

Their is a third brand, Yatour, which is supposed to work with QP, I've not tested it.

Bluetooth connection with the phone interface is independent from one with the MP3 player and both can be connected simultaneously. I think it is important that you pair your phone with the Parott first.

Hope this helps

Regards

Stefan

·
Registered
127 Posts
Does the parrot Bluetooth also allow music playback via Bluetooth or is it limited to calls only?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is just for the phone, I think it comes through one or two speakers only. You cannot play music through it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You cannot use both the cd changer and the MP3 player. It is either one or the other. You can still use the cd in the head unit. Paradoxically, these MP3 players have a fuller sound compared to the blaupunkt CDC. Bass is excellent with these. The blaupunkt had quite a thin bass in my view. Loudlink is better integrated. It is very smart how they organised navigation. You place each album in a separate directory. When you select cd1 (using the dials at the back of the steering wheel) you can toggle between each directory on the memory card using the dile at the front of the steering wheel. Once you select one you want, you switch to cd2 and then you can toggle between the soundtracks in the directory. Denison is not so well integrated so I would recommend on that basis Loudlink. Dendion though sounds better. Loudlink has only a micro sd slot. The usb is only for charging. Dension has usb for memory sticks. My previous reference regarding Loudlink causing electrical system failure is probably incorrect. It is likely that issue is unrelated.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, no setup, they both come with connection cables which plugg into the cdc connection which is under the steering wheel column fascia. There is no need to take anything apart.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm using the Loudlink with Bluetooth and it works well with the iPhone (music streaming only).
Changing songs with the steering wheel, mute while getting a call (still using the SIM-Card slot in the center) and so on...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes, no setup, they both come with connection cables which plugg into the cdc connection which is under the steering wheel column fascia. There is no need to take anything apart.
So if i use the denison because i have USB Stick with music on it, i wont be able to play cd's through the single cd slot on the head unit right? Same with loudlink? Sorry for all the questions im just new to this car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Back to the Heated Seats topic

Sorry, but can we go back to the Heated Seats topic, please?
So if you have a QP without heated seats are we thinking that the only solution is new seats (plus some configuration)?

5,216 Posts
+1...when you hijack threads it makes a mess for people later when they try and search stuff.
I think the retrofit while possible isn`t possible without a good bit of work...You would need the elements to start and honestly seats are not really made to come apart easily...Then you would need the switches and different switch housings as well as maybe the under seat harness...Finally you would probably need the correct files to upload into the cluster, and various other modules...I would forget about it personally...regards..Jason

·
Registered
783 Posts
I doubt it would be easy to retrofit heated seats, nothing with these cars is! Did you follow my guide for the paddles or the other one? I always wonder if anyone uses it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I doubt it would be easy to retrofit heated seats, nothing with these cars is! Did you follow my guide for the paddles or the other one? I always wonder if anyone uses it.
A REALLY late follow-up to this: It turned out to be relatively easy to get a car electrics place to put heating pads inside the existing QPV seats and install new switches. Works really well. About £400.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts