Maserati Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
After a bit of research and deciding not to fit an aftermarket HID kit have bought the Philips vision plus which are 50%+ bulbs but still 55w. I actually wanted the Philips x-treme power but they do not do them as a H1.

Take a look at this review by Autoexpress, it may help you as they did not rate the PIAA bulbs http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/products/products/212937/make_light_of_winter.html

·
Registered
112 Posts
Anyone know if the Philips Vision Plus bulbs are legal in the USA? I can only find them for sale in the UK. I guess no one would ever know...
They are standard bulbs, but the technology ie high pressure gas, makes them brighter. These type of bulbs give the same pattern as standard bulbs and are being sold as an alternative to HID's that are now illegal in the UK.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Certainly true that you can change the dipped beam bulb without taking off the wheel but I found that I was quicker taking the wheel off as I had more room to work.

But it is an easy job to do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.