Maserati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are headhlight washers optional on a GS?
Right now on my car all i see is a cap, are they installed where this cap currently is located? I would appreciate if somebody can post pictures of these washers.

MG

·
Registered
39 Posts
I understand that if you have the caps, you might have the washers. Have you tried using your windshield washer, and have someone in front of the car to see if the headlight's washer come out? I know these washers are optional on the Spyder, but not sure on the GS.

·
Registered
160 Posts
If you have the caps then you have the washer system. It comes with HID lights as a package and can't be purchased seperately. On my car, I have the regular headlights, and no caps.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
headlight washers

looks like they have never been turned-on in my car. The caps look as if they are sealed.

·
Registered
160 Posts
The caps look as if they are sealed.
You had better to keep them sealed in that condition, these caps are notorious for popping off for no good reason. Some members here had to use cable tide to keep them in place. Maybe the previous owner had used superglue to keep them down :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just replaced my cap. I'm going to use superglue to secure it to the washer clip. It will still be able to pop out and rinse the headlights. The caps aren't expensive to replace, but they can be expensive to paint. When I bought the car, the drivers side cap was kept on with double sided tape. Good times.

·
Registered
722 Posts
What's the best way to make them pop up out of the bumper to superglue them? Or can I just pull them off when retracted?

·
Registered
12 Posts
You can pull them out with your fingers. You just have to get a good good grip on them (it's nice to have someone hold it while you apply the glue). Once you let go of them, they slide right back into place.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Great, thanks. I'll try to remember not to run the washers until I get the caps glued on.

My car saw its first rain ever yesterday. Funny, I can only use about 10% throttle in first gear before the tires spin. Must be that California salad dressing we get on the roadways after isolated rain.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts