Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Somehow, my headlight washer cover fell off at some point while driving and it's gone. It's not anywhere near where I parked and is probably sitting on the freeway somewhere...

My question is, has this happened to anyone before? Is it a simple replacement (i.e. can the dealer just mail me a new one and I clip it on or is there more involved with replacing it)?

Thanks!

·
Registered
258 Posts
had the same problem but

I was able to find it in the street, the dealer can get a new one, it comes unpainted so he has to match the color of your car.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Lost Mine 3 times

I lost mine 3 times. I finally had the dealer wiretie it down and shut off the headlight washer system. It makes a mess of the car when you use it anyway.I have heard that this is a common problem.

·
Registered
201 Posts
FWIW the key to avoid this is never using the windshield washer at highway speeds. The headlight washer covers pop up and are easily blown off by any strong headwind.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I've lost both headlight washer covers (one from each side) before. One occured when I hit railroad tracks and the people in the car next to me saw it happen. They pulled up to me at the stoplight and told me, "Something popped off of your car man! By the way, nice car! You wanna race?" They were, of course, a group of friendly teenagers in a Honda Accord and just joking around. Sure enough, when I backed up to the tracks, I found the cover.

The other happened who knows when as I never found the cover. My dealer told me that this happens all the time and they are constantly replacing lost washer covers. Mine were replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
88 Posts
This is a warranty item dont worry about it too much

They are always falling off on mine, this is the third time i have to replace them and the dealer always takes care of it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts