Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know how i can put the headlight washer cap back on? I was cleaning the car y'day and the cap came off.
I see two arms on the inside of the cap with holes that clip on to the sprayer inside. But with the sprayer retracted, i don't have enough space to clip it back on.

any tips/suggestion how i can do this myself or should i go to the dealer for this?

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I asked the lealer to do it for me... My right one had fallen off.

He just took a tool that looked like a little detal hook, put it in one of the holes on the sprayer, and pulled it out...

Use a crochet thing?

It took him less than 5 seconds.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Head Light Wsaher Cap

These things fly off very easily. I have lost four of them, the dealer said they perform an update on them. They use wire ties around the base of the washer door prongs to keep them tight on the washer hose it self.:)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Or...

.. get a mate, switch your ignition and lights on and then do a screen wash using the stalk. The headlight washer will pop up, at which point you turn off the ignition, leaving the washer half way up. Your mate then pops the cap on, or you can get out of the car and do it yourself. Bit of trial and error involved and bear in mind it washes the lights every 3 or so screen washes !

CJ

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
.. get a mate, switch your ignition and lights on and then do a screen wash using the stalk. The headlight washer will pop up, at which point you turn off the ignition, leaving the washer half way up. Your mate then pops the cap on, or you can get out of the car and do it yourself. Bit of trial and error involved and bear in mind it washes the lights every 3 or so screen washes !

CJ
thanks. will try that today. believe it or not i have never used the windshield wiper on the car yet.

·
Registered
88 Posts
i ahve went through like five of them

The dealer will put it back on for you because you dont want to risk damaging anything else on the car.

The dealer has no issues replacing that part because that is a defect in the design of the car. While driving when you turn on the windshield wipers the headlamp washers also let off. SO being that it is not an aero dynamic part it will always most likely fall off.

They should have designed another button to cotrol the headlamp washers and then we probably would not have this problem as often....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts