Maserati Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!
So my headlight covers aren’t so good. I’ve tried sanding and polishing methods, but I can’t get all the crazing and cloudiness out, and I don’t want to buy new headlights when mine work just fine.

Has anyone tried these eBay covers? Kinda pricey when you can get a whole headlight assembly for just a bit more.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would probably take your car to a professional detailer first before buying anything else just for a second opinion on if they can be fixed/cleaned with more polishing. Because for that price you can get your entire car professionally polished. I have taken apart a different headlight I had in the past and its always a mess with the glue and process to remove them usually involve putting them in the oven for 10-15 mins. and that was just with old early 90s headlights with no sensors or etc in them. The maserati headlights have sensors and etc for the self leveling features so dont know how much it would cost to replace all that if someone were to go wrong on a DIY project like this.
Point taken!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would probably take your car to a professional detailer first before buying anything else just for a second opinion on if they can be fixed/cleaned with more polishing. Because for that price you can get your entire car professionally polished. I have taken apart a different headlight I had in the past and its always a mess with the glue and process to remove them usually involve putting them in the oven for 10-15 mins. and that was just with old early 90s headlights with no sensors or etc in them. The maserati headlights have sensors and etc for the self leveling features so dont know how much it would cost to replace all that if someone were to go wrong on a DIY project like this.
So I had a professional sand, buff, polish and clear coat for $100 (including tip), and they look way better… not brand new, but much better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts