Maserati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my friends,

Hope everyone is well. Wasn’t sure if you guys have seen the “cheat” photos of the new MC20 mid-engine....looks pretty sweet.

I’m not sure if this new model would ever depreciate to current “Gransport prices” but would love to have a mid-engine Maserati sans an MC12.

My sled is STILL in the shop and driving this quirky car is driving me crazy lol.

What do you guys think from what you can tell of the MC20?

Kindly,
Stephen

·
Registered
572 Posts
I mean, it looks a bit ordinary like a 'common' midship design, but in its defence I've only seen cammo pictures and a couple of renders. I'm optimistic though, the GT is one of my favourite looking modern cars!

·
Registered
146 Posts
I think this is gonna be the car that makes journos and car enthusiasts respect Maserati again. For years the brand was always ridiculed and used a punching bag.

I mean, it looks a bit ordinary like a 'common' midship design, but in its defence I've only seen cammo pictures and a couple of renders. I'm optimistic though, the GT is one of my favourite looking modern cars!
I agree, its one of the nicest looking modern cars but I wish they gave it more powerful as it was severely lacking in its later years. They should've put the 3.8 V8 TT on it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I saw the web telecast this afternoon, the car is simply gorgeous; at least in my opinion. Can't wait to see and touch it

George

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi George,

I concur. Finally - the Maserati engineers give the muscle under the bonnet this car deserves. George, do you currently have a Maserati and if so what do you have?

Kindly,
Stephen

·
Premium Member
1,260 Posts
Mid-engine V6 on a re-skinned Alfa 4C chassis. Interior looks cheap. Miles behind Ferrari. What's up with the iPad-style screen from 2016? Looks like a Mercedes C class! Yeah, the doors help, but it lacks the low-swept lines of Ferrari and other Italian cars. I compare to Ferrari because you can get a comparably equipped pre-owned Ferrari for the MC's MSRP and not have to worry at all about inevitable depreciation. Plus, the insurance on Ferraris is cheap.

I'm hoping there is a huge difference in handling between the 4C and the MC. The 4C SUCKS. Drive a 4C then an Evora (similar sized cars) and it's night and day. My friend went from an Evora base to a 4C and he almost killed himself, literally, on a corner he takes every day.

Also, Stephen, I can't believe your car is still tied up! I envy your patience. I'm not speaking of any great techs on this forum, but I swear some of these shops are car hoarders. No excuse to have a car for months on end. There's an import shop by my house with a Delorean in the garage for the past year! I can (and have) rebuild a Delorean with my eyes closed and I have zero formal training.

Reactions: DSGT

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mid-engine V6 on a re-skinned Alfa 4C chassis. Interior looks cheap. Miles behind Ferrari. What's up with the iPad-style screen from 2016? Looks like a Mercedes C class! Yeah, the doors help, but it lacks the low-swept lines of Ferrari and other Italian cars. I compare to Ferrari because you can get a comparably equipped pre-owned Ferrari for the MC's MSRP and not have to worry at all about inevitable depreciation. Plus, the insurance on Ferraris is cheap.

I'm hoping there is a huge difference in handling between the 4C and the MC. The 4C SUCKS. Drive a 4C then an Evora (similar sized cars) and it's night and day. My friend went from an Evora base to a 4C and he almost killed himself, literally, on a corner he takes every day.

Also, Stephen, I can't believe your car is still tied up! I envy your patience. I'm not speaking of any great techs on this forum, but I swear some of these shops are car hoarders. No excuse to have a car for months on end. There's an import shop by my house with a Delorean in the garage for the past year! I can (and have) rebuild a Delorean with my eyes closed and I have zero formal training.
Hi Erik,

How are you my friend. It will definitely be interesting to see the MC20 in person. I just wish it had a V8. This 2019 Quattroporte Twin Turbo 6 is just awful. Again no offense to anyone who has a new Quattroporte. Looks like the new Gran Turismo will be pretty sexy looking.

Yes, I want my car back...miss her everyday.

Hope you’re well.

Kindly,
Stephen

·
Premium Member
1,260 Posts
Hi Erik,

How are you my friend. It will definitely be interesting to see the MC20 in person. I just wish it had a V8. This 2019 Quattroporte Twin Turbo 6 is just awful. Again no offense to anyone who has a new Quattroporte. Looks like the new Gran Turismo will be pretty sexy looking.

Yes, I want my car back...miss her everyday.

Hope you’re well.

Kindly,
Stephen
I know your withdrawal pain, actually. I'm thinking of picking up another QP, now that mine has been gone for 3 months. Debating on another F1 or a facelifted automatic (09-13).

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tough call on that one pal. Have you done any exhaust work on your 05’ Quattroporte? That is the 4.2 correct?

Kindly,
Stephen

·
Premium Member
1,260 Posts
Tough call on that one pal. Have you done any exhaust work on your 05’ Quattroporte? That is the 4.2 correct?

Kindly,
Stephen
Yessir. I tried a combination of many things on the exhaust. Something about the dry sumps sounds better in my opinion, regardless of the setup, but I prefer sport cats, factory resonator/x-pipe, and tubes all the way back (final delete). I sold the car in May with hollowed cats, which made it a pure straight piped car which sounded great, but it was a little much. I'm not a huge fan of Larini nor Tubi on these cars. Capristo sounds great but it's pricey.

Now that I'm looking again, in retrospect I probably should've kept the car, since I had maybe $60K+ into it. I wanted to free the garage up with something to keep me busy during COVID so I bought a Humvee. Funny thing is the Humvee is worth much more than the Maserati in value, but for the price of ONE Maserati part, you can completely restore this truck! And I have lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts